Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: The genius of Michael Keaton in "Beetlejuice"

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I watched this film for the very first time this month. Always fun to see something of Burton"s from when he was fresh and original as opposed to the mild self-parody of the more recent movies, and an absolutely stacked cast (Catherine O"Hara is no slouch in a role that foreshadows her Schitt"s Creek excellence)... but I"ll agree that Keaton"s unhinged performance was the highlight of the film.

I also loved him in Birdman when that made the Oscar rounds a few years ago.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Beetlejuice remains one of my favourite movies of all time. I saw it around release time in the 80s and just loved it and the effects for the time were cutting edge. Still watch it every year or two and am never disappointed.

Beetlejuice remains one of my favourite movies of all time. I saw it around release time in the 80s and just loved it and the effects for the time were cutting edge. Still watch it every year or two and am never disappointed.

I saw it in the theatres back in the day...it"s amazing how well the effects have held up...it"s now a classic for sure.

Same here! I also saw it in "88 and have loved it ever since. And we also re-watched it on Halloween on blu-ray!

The score is also possibly the most 'dannyelfmanish' score he ever wrote. (Apart from Batman Returns, which is possibly my favorite Burton movie)

It"s also curious that this somewhat odd not-really-for-children movie got a cartoon (and toy lines), there are three episodes on the blu-ray (and possibly YouTube).

Man i loved this. I consider it one of the classics.

He was such a brillilant character actor / comedian. And i got a bigger kick because he's character lived on a model diorama (as i am a model maker and dig seeing it on the big screen)

I never saw him in Batman as im not a fan of the genre. So dont watch super hero movies but its great to know he was great in that. I felt he disapeared too quickly from being in the spotlight.

Beetlejuice...beetlejuice...beetlejuice......