Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lucas says that the fans have already guessed the title.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Star Wars Episode III: I really hope THIS ONE doesn't suck!

Star Wars Episode III: - I could wipe my ass and call the toilet paper a script and you fucks would STILL pay to see it!

Courtesy of comingsoon.net:

USA Today caught up with George Lucas who said the Star Wars: Episode III title won't be officially announced until November, when the first trailer hits threaters.

But he conceded that fans on websites already have guessed correctly. The newspaper threw a couple of rumored titles at him: Rise of the Empire? "No, that's not it," Lucas said. How about Revenge of the Sith?

With that, Lucas smiled knowingly, backed away and teased, "That's a possibility. Lots of titles out there."

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Originally posted by Mats Olsson.:

How about Revenge of the Sith?

With that, Lucas smiled knowingly, backed away and teased, "That's a possibility. Lots of titles out there."

That one would make a certain amount of sense. The original title for Return of the Jedi was to be Revenge of the Jedi. Lucas changed it because he said; 'A Jedi would never take revenge'.

I do have to agree that I hope it doesn't suck. :D

Actually, I enjoyed Attack of the Clones.

Phantom Menace..... I don't know.... I really tried to get into that one. And on some levels it works quite well. But there are some real wanker bits in that movie.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Star Wars Episode III: Vader the Invader

Star Wars Episode III: Wipe My Wookie

Star Wars Episode III: Lift Me By The Ankles And Shake-The Last Dime

Star Wars Episode III: When Shrek Attacks!

Star Wars Episode III: Afterbirth of an Empire...

Star Wars Episode III: Portman Gets Poked

Star Wars Episode III: Horton Hears a Beru

Star Wars Episode III: Get Out and Push-It's Out of Gas

Star Wars Episode III: You Are Not The Boss Of Me-Anakin Do Anything Iwanna

Star Wars Episode III: I Wanna Ewok and Woll All Night

Star Wars Episode III: Han Solo and Gretel

Star Wars Episode III: Killer Klones From Outer Space

Star Wars Episode III: Dinkey Lucas Smokes Crack

Star Wars Episode III: You Know How It Ends

ACK!

How about,"George Lucas and all his creative talent and vast recources can't get past Star Wars"!

I see it as:

"George Lucas and all his vast resources is out of ideas and has decided to cash in on the Star Wars name."

but then, i'm suspcious of everyone these days

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

I was under the impression that it was to be called Clone Wars. Cartoon Network did a 20-part animated mini-series by that name, and there are lines of novels and toys that also share the title. I guess that was just an intermediary stage.

I've also heard that there is possibly going to be a Boba Fett TV series.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Magpel:

I was under the impression that it was to be called Clone Wars. Cartoon Network did a 20-part animated mini-series by that name, and there are lines of novels and toys that also share the title. I guess that was just an intermediary stage.

The point of Clone Wars is that it's supposed to bridge the gap and answer some questions about what's happened between episode 2 and 3.

Episode 3 is supposed to be dark. Remember, it has to lead up to the time when the first Star Wars movie (episode 4, "A New Hope") began. The Jedi council has been destroyed. Anakin has become Darth Vader. Obi-Wan is living on some god-awful planet, and Yoda's hanging out in a swamp somewhere. So this one should be pretty cool.

And we know Jar-Jar wasn't in Episode 4, so maybe he'll die a horrible death. :thu:

- Jeff

Originally posted by phaeton:

How about,"George Lucas and all his creative talent and vast recources can't get past Star Wars"!

I see it as:

"George Lucas and all his vast resources is out of ideas and has decided to cash in on the Star Wars name."

Lucas has no need to 'cash in' on the Star Wars name. He is doing this because he wants to....there is no other reason.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

And, in the inetregnum here, they've really been pushing a few new characters. Kit Fisto, a tentacles-headed Jedi who appears briefly in Attack of the Clones, is probably going to be a high profile character in Episode III, as might be the bounty hunter Aura Sing.

Episiode 3, BTW, will have to answer at least one striking inconsitency in the story:

In Phantom Menace, we learn that Annakin built C3PO when ghe was a slave on Tatooine.

In Episode 4, A New Hope, However, C3PO does not recognize Tatooine when he and R2D2 Jettison themselves there, nor does he make any particular note of the name "Skywalker" when he meets Luke.

Methinks that Episode III will have Threepio's memory erased...

Originally posted by Super 8:

Lucas has no need to 'cash in' on the Star Wars name. He is doing this because he wants to....there is no other reason.

I disagree.

I think he is a misanthrope that loves to make those of us third graders that spent all of our allowance to see Star Wars matinees every week, owned all of the action figures, posters, bead spreads, towels, the John Williams score on vinyl and could orally recite every line of the movie (including elaborate sound effects) at will very sad and disapointed. I imagine him sitting back in his "Grand Moff Tarkin" chair and laughing at our broken little hearts and shattered hopes. He had his first taste of this power with Return of the Jedi and the evil that would be forever know as "Ewoks"...

But that could be just me? :)

Originally posted by Super 8:

Yeah, I know about the Ewoks. But then he goes and gives us the Emperor....so it kinda balances out. :D

The Emperor was more annoying than menacing. You'd think with all the dark powers of the sith he would have no problem getting someone to have a look at his speech impediment but no... I for one was not moved.

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

And we know Jar-Jar wasn't in Episode 4, so maybe he'll die a horrible death. :thu:

- Jeff

Maybe Anakin will get pissed at Jar-jar calling him "Ani" and will use the jedi throat grip on him. :D

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Originally posted by DJDM:

You'd think with all the dark powers of the sith he would have no problem getting someone to have a look at his speech impediment but no... I for one was not moved.

But isn't deformity and disfiguration always part of the dark side bargain, in all mythologies? Cloven hooves and what not.

My favorite class of character on Lucas-World is the bounty hunter echelon--Solo, the Fetts, Bossk and Cradossk, Aura Sing, etc. That's where the real moral turbulence is. Honor among thieves and such.

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

Episode 3 is supposed to be dark. Remember, it has to lead up to the time when the first Star Wars movie (episode 4, "A New Hope") began. The Jedi council has been destroyed. Anakin has become Darth Vader. Obi-Wan is living on some god-awful planet, and Yoda's hanging out in a swamp somewhere. So this one should be pretty cool.

- Jeff

This is basically why I was disappointed with II and very apprehensive about III. II did not cover enough of the prequel IMO which leaves III a lot of story to take care of. My fear is, the topics you mentioned will not get the depth I think it deserves. For example:

• Anikan into Vader - This in itself could be most of a movie and is what I look forward to the most.

• Rise of Emperor and Empire as well as years of tyranny - This didn't happen overnight and has been going on before we meet Luke, et al.

• Building the first Death Star

• The lives of Yoda and ObiWan and Han

• Childhood of Lea and Luke

FWIW, I've never read any of the books.

aka riffing

Double Post music: Strip Down

http://rimspeed.com

http://loadedtheband.com

Originally posted by Rim.:

[*]Anikan into Vader - This in itself could be most of a movie and is what I look forward to the most.

Yes, I agree.

[*] Rise of Emperor and Empire as well as years of tyranny - This didn't happen overnight and has been going on before we meet Luke, et al.

Yes. I guess the timeline would be that Anikin is about 25 at the start of Episode 3. He married Padme at the end of 2, so they'll probably have already given birth to Luke and Leia before the start of 3. But I doubt we'll get much background on the rise of the Emperor.

[*] Building the first Death Star

They were smuggling the plans for the Death Star at the end of 2, so hopefully we'll see some construction, yeah.

[*] The lives of Yoda and ObiWan and Han

I doubt we'll get much on Yoda or Kenobi, but it would be WAY cool if we get some early Han Solo and Chewie action.

[*] Childhood of Lea and Luke

I doubt we'll get much at all of this.

FWIW, I've never read any of the books.
I've never read them either.

- Jeff

Archived