Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vent 2 problem with bypass switch

doctorpong

So I bought a Vent 2 from Sweetwater a couple of months ago. Worked & sounded great, but last week the Bypass switch became "backward"; normally when bypass is activated the light comes on, but now bypass was activated when the light was off. My Vent 2 remote quit working, so I sent the Vent 2 back. (I did a couple of factory resets also). I received my Vent 2 replacement today, and the same thing is occurring with the Bypass switch. (the remote is now working however). There also isn't the sound where you can hear the Leslie "rotate" slowly through the speaker when the keyboard isn't being played, which I like. Anyone else having similar problems? Am I missing something? I am playing a HS SK-1 73. Thanks

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did you send back and have replaced; the Vent2 or the remote? Sounds as though the old remote somehow threw your Vent out of sync.

Personally, I'd send both the remote and the Vent back to Sweetwater and have them get the things in sync through a repair or a replace. I have an original Vent and wasn't aware of a factory reset option. but apparently it sounds as though the Vent 2 does (although it doesn't appear to resetting anything).

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

The remote is working fine on my Vent 2 replacement, although the Bypass is still "backward", in that the Bypass light is on when the unit is not in Bypass (and light is off when unit is in Bypass). Normally when the Bypass is pressed, the light should come on, as it did with my original unit for the couple of months that I had it before I started to have issues. I am concerned that this may indicate underlying electrical issues in the unit. I did check all of this on the original and replacement with the remote disconnected

The fact that the original vent did work correctly and then suddenly started working backwards, then the new Vent works backwards tells me that the remote has something to do with it. If you disconnect the bypass, does the Vent working correctly? Disconnect the bypass from the Vent BEFORE you turn on the vent and try it.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I wonder if there was a batch of Vents where the wiring was done backwards and if so it is as simple as flipping a couple of wires inside the Vent to get the unit working correctly. The fact though that for the OP his Vent originally worked correctly then suddenly started working backwards tells me that the remote has something to do with it.

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I will respectfully suggest you spend a minute or two reading the manual.

Specifically, p.22:

BYPASS

This stomp-switch turns the rotary effect on and off. Its red LED

lights up when the effect is (sic)actice. In Bypass the input signal is

relayed to the outputs via a true bypass circuit.

Assuming that it works like the Vent 1, the light on the bypass means that it is in bypass mode. Assuming the Vent 2 didn't change this then your Vent2 is working backwards. Have you sent a note to Guido Kirsh? He will give you the correct answer:

gk@neo-instruments.de

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

My Vent II bypass light is on when the rotary effect is active and not bypassed.
Mine as well.

HX3.5|NS3|NE5D73|NUMAX73|SP6|XK-1c|MOXF8|PX-5S|D1|Monologue|Wurli 200|K2vxS|M3|145|Hohner Concerto iii|Vent II|Key Largo|DZR10|K8.2's

My Vent II bypass light is on when the rotary effect is active and not bypassed.
Mine as well.

Along with every single Vent II demo on YouTube.

Are people just needing there to be a problem? If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, can't we just say it's a duck and move on? LOL

• 2 weeks later...
Mine as well.

Along with every single Vent II demo on YouTube.

Ducks aside, I hope this issue has been clarified. Just in case it hasn't. ;)

:nopity:

Ducks aside, I hope this issue has been clarified. Just in case it hasn't. ;)

Well, just in case ... ;)

Vent I manual: "Bypass - This stomp-switch turns the rotary effect on and off. Its red LED lights up when the device is bypassed (= effect off) and the input signal is relayed to both outputs via a true bypass circuit."

Vent II manual: "Bypass - This stomp-switch turns the rotary effect on and off. Its red LED lights up when the effect is active. In Bypass the input signal is relayed to the outputs via a true bypass circuit."

Archived