Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Recommend a good PORTABLE 2 tier stand for organ playing

kwyn

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
K&M 18880 with 18881 stacker gives you something complementary to those boards in terms of being super light weight. (And you can turn the stackers forward or backward depending on how you want things to align.) The Numa has very little height to it, though, so the big limitation (for not just this one but for many stands) may be just how close you can get the boards to each other, if that's a concern.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

K&M 18880 with 18881 stacker gives you something complementary to those boards in terms of being super light weight. (And you can turn the stackers forward or backward depending on how you want things to align.) The Numa has very little height to it, though, so the big limitation (for not just this one but for many stands) may be just how close you can get the boards to each other, if that's a concern.

That looks pricey but awesome and exactly what I want! I'm hoping for some gift cards from Santa now! Great suggestion!

Any thoughts on this one?

On-Stage KS7365EJ Pro Heavy-Duty Folding-Z Keyboard Stand with 2nd Tier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002F6JH6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_E5rhCbNFGA74R

I was able to drill a couple holes in my 18880 to a customize the distance between my 2 boards. I also modified my 18881 tier to increase the setback of my upper board. Been gigging it for several years and wouldnt trade it for anything. I also have that On Stage Z stand you mentioned at home - excellent keyboard stand for home but wouldnt want to gig with it. K & M is much lighter and sets up in seconds. Worth the $$ imho.
Nord Lead A1, Nord Electro 5d, Yamaha S70xs, QSC K10s

I have the 18880 and 18881 - it is a bit pricy, but it is WORTH it. Super light. I have several of the 2-tier OnStage, great stand if it is going to stay in one place, but I got tired of lugging it around.

At the moment I have just the 18880, since I use this primarily when I want the lightest possible loadin/out. With an iRig Keys Pro 37 key controller and iPad. Small amp/speaker, can carry all in at once. Even easier if I can hook into the venue for amp.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

That looks pricey but awesome and exactly what I want!

Another K&M 18880 plus stacker user and advocate here. I got mine a couple of years ago after a mountain of research including reviewing several threads on this forum.

Its real benefit is how ridiculously light it is, and the faster-than-double-x set up and pull down time. It does get a little side to side wobble but this is in no way a reflection on sturdiness or ability to bear weight.

Not cheap (especially for Australians) but mine paid for itself within one month of purchase when a drunk cricketer tripped over a foldback wedge and crashed headlong into it. Everything stayed where it was supposed to be and keyboards did not meet floor.

How close together does the K&M stand allow you to get the 2 keyboards? For organ playing it would be cool to be able to get the boards really close together. I'm able to do this with my Standtastic stand but I'm getting tired of pieces of it falling off in transit, stuff like wingnuts and the pins that keep the arms set in position. I always find them in the backseat of the car eventually, but it's a real drag looking for them on the way to setup.....

Archived