Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"He Plays the Hammond Organ"

lightbg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He may not have been the perp... but he was the perv

Thats what happens when you play a Quatrefoil C3 without a Leslie...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Thats what happens when you play a Quatrefoil C3 without a Leslie...
Do you think that might have been product placement by the Hammond Organ Company? Two things make me think it's a possibility. One, that there was No Leslie. Two, they specifically said "Hammond organ" and not just "organ", "musician", nor "entertainment."

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Actually it might have just been circumstance. In the beginning they went to the park and spoke to a Good Humor vendor. The truck was in the background, and the vendor was in uniform. Nothing was hidden from view, so I guess Jack Webb was more concerned with authenticity than PR.

Loved the punchcard computer also.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

I knew I screwed up the spelling on Quatrefoil.......what do I know, I play a B.

:facepalm:

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

I had to look up what a quatrefoil Hammond was. I never saw one before. It looks very ecclesiastical. It probably feels kinda wrong to play Black Sabbath on one...

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Back when I was in the market I went looking for a C because I had seen some Bs with legs broken in trailer mishaps and thought Cs were sturdier. Also, I went after a quatrefoil model just because I thought they looked cool. Of course, there were those who thought, as Wastrel did, that it looked a bit ecclesiastical for its current use. I used to tell them it was OK because I had performed a "decommissioning" ceremony over it...."Get funky now, get funky now...The power of James Brown compels you.."

Archived