Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SKB iSeries Cases or?

paulnajar

Hello Folks,

Im just about to purchase a SKB iSeries case in particular -

I searched the forums but could not find anything on them.

it would mainly be for fly in fly out shows to carry a Nektar Panorama P6 as most local shows I use a soft bag which I handle myself.

Would this case be OK for airline baggage handlers? Or do you recommend something else?

Kind regards

Paul Najar

Jaminajar music production

www.jaminajar.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would think the Nektar is fairly light, less G fource no problem. I assume I'm seeing locks on the latches, very good.

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

Yes there are locks but I did read one user review saying the whole clip mechanism was plastic and he though the TSA approved clips on his fender guitar case were of a higher quality.

Weight of the panorama is about 14LB/ 7.8KG - on the heavier side of a controller only but yeah I reckon youre right.

I would love to hear from someone who has had actual experience with the case if theres anyone out there? This model is an updated version of the 3i-4214-TKBD. The old model was 3i-4214-KBD. Only difference is the internal padding design.

Kind regards

Paul Najar

Jaminajar music production

www.jaminajar.com

I've been using a SKB 3i-4719 for a couple years and recently picked up a 3i-4214 which uses the same latch design. After dozens of flights... never had a problem with latches or had any other case issues.

Dave

I've learned to shop Gun Cases. Same cases, less expensive for shooters than players though.

This is close to your size, if it saves you money: https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=2363754&type=product&WT.z_btnclk=YMAL-2363754&WT.z_pg_ref=prd2362251

I use this for my SK1 73, and I have a second one for my FA 07. https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabela-s-Armor-Xtreme-Tactical-Rifle-Takedown-Shotgun-Case/1318396.uts?slotId=5

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Archived