Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Lord Stanley's Cup

Iconoclast

Yeah, no shortage of storylines and possible outcomes. Much harder for me to choose a team with this matchup. Really would like to see Vegas pull through but you gotta feel for Ovi. He's not quite at Raymond Bourque status, but not far.

This is gonna be great!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holtby's got the reflexes of Matt Murdock.

~ VONNOR (see what i did there)

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

Also, congrats/félicitations to the Titan d'Acadie-Bathurst, recent LHJMQ Champions and even more recent Memorial Cup Champions. A 3-0 win in the final of all finals is nothing to sneeze at.

BTW, for those of you who don't know, the Memorial Cup is considered to be one of the hardest trophies to win in sports, with the three junior league champs enduring a full playoff run through their respective leagues, culminating in a four team tournament with a host city's franchise. It's a 40+ day process and a pretty big deal. A lot of the impact players in the tournament will be big names in the NHL very soon.

That was an amazing hockey game. Can't wait until Weds!

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

My observation:

When the Caps are holding close to their "hit everything that moves" gameplan, no one seems to have an answer or can match their physicality.

The only times that Vegas really seemed to be doing good in this game was when the Caps let off the gas on forchecking and finishing.

First shift, I think Ovi had 2 hits and 2 scoring chances. The man is really setting the tone. His goal tonight was earned by effort and strength, diving over the man covering him to one-touch a backhand high above an outstretched Fleury. He's a freight train.

I know there's a long way to go but I'm really feeling like Vegas NEEDS a win in game 4, and preferably a convincing win, or this series is over.

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

Game 5 tonight... who thinks the Caps close it out?

I do. I think they have the momentum + if I'm not mistaken the Caps play better on the road.

MainStage; Hammond SK1-73; Roland XP-80, JV-90, JV-1080, JV-1010, AX-1; Korg microSAMPLER;

Boss DR-880; Beat Buddy; Neo Instruments Ventilator; TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay

The Capitals seem to be getting better every game. Either that or the grind of the playoffs is starting to slow down Vegas.

They showed a stat that during the playoffs the number of hits and blocked shots increased by approx 50% per game over the regular season. That's gotta take a toll.

I'm not ready for the season to end. Hoping that VGK shows up tonight just to give me one more game, but I'm really hoping Ovi hoists the cup.

Game 4 sure would have been different if VGK hadn't missed 2-3 WIDE OPEN nets in the 1st period. Still think tonight's not a foregone conclusion.

thin ice is nuckin futs right now.

Congrats to VGK for getting to the finals in their first year.

Even thought then then got their butts kicked badly. :laugh:

I never thought I would live to see this day. :cheers:

BElDG1.jpg

:nopity:

Archived