Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Way OT: Keurig Machine Question

Synthoid

It all tastes like bitter fried mud to me. I don't get it.

Yep.

Tea.

Be a non-conformist. While the masses are stampeding off to the latest mega-pricey store front, I'm calmly sipping my "cuppa" and contemplating life.

Upton tea

May the Beverage Gods forbid that tea becomes popular, hence expensive. It's a helluva lot cheaper than coffee, tastes better, and is better for you.

Look what happened to Scotch. There I was, enjoying my wee dram, and the confounded heathens came storming through the doors. Now prices are 400-600% higher and it's all trendy and everything. Ugh. My ancestors surely watch with ghostly eyebrows raised.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had to clean mine, it was doing the same thing... poked something up where the coffee comes out to clear it. Other than that one time, no issues. If you live where the water is hard (like Florida, it's rock water) then you may want to run diluted vinegar through it from time to time.

My Beloved Spouse and I drink a lot of Earl, Grey. I'll stop before I make a further assam myself.

My Darjeeling wife says she's gonna hurt you if you keep this up.

(She has quite enough to deal with, with me in the house...)

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

I have a Keurig in the studio and I intially did not like ANY of the coffee in it.

Solution: San Francisco Bay Coffee Company

I've been a big fan of this kind and it's all we order now. Highly recommend it.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

I am Italian, with an Italian wife coming not too far form Naples.

She wouldn't drink a coffee made by any machine more modern than this one:

http://coffeegeek.com/images/5603/200x200/lapvonieuro.jpg

Positive side: coffee is great, the machine was expensive but it has been running (with some maintenance) for 26 years.

Maurizio

Reminds of the time I had to drop my friends Ferrari off at his mechanic. (what an awful chore that was!)

Have you ever met a Ferrari mechanic? You can't even drop off a car in less than an hour and a half because he has to make you an espresso and talk Ferrari's. I don't know how much work actually got done in that shop, but the espresso machine was immaculate!

My friend had his second house close to mine and kept the Ferrari there. Every now and again, when he couldn't make it out to AZ he would ask me to take it out for a spin. I was really sad when he sold that house and shipped the Ferrari to St Louis.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

Hot caffeinated beverages in general don't really do much for me at all.

I don't drink as many cold caffeinated beverages as I used to. Once upon a time, I drank one Pepsi every night with supper. I dropped that and it had an unexpected benefit in that I dropped almost ten pounds in a matter of weeks. Not that I was worried about my weight, but it was amazing how fast the pounds went away.

It's not like a religion with me--I still drink Pepsi, but it's more like one every month or two.

Grey

Hot caffeinated beverages in general don't really do much for me at all.

I don't drink as many cold caffeinated beverages as I used to. Once upon a time, I drank one Pepsi every night with supper. I dropped that and it had an unexpected benefit in that I dropped almost ten pounds in a matter of weeks. Not that I was worried about my weight, but it was amazing how fast the pounds went away.

It's not like a religion with me--I still drink Pepsi, but it's more like one every month or two.

I had a similar weight loss experience when I stopped drinking Coke. Amazing, wasn't it?

These days, I'll drink one every once in a while...but it has to be Mexi-Coke (with real sugar, no HFCS) or I usually don't do it.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Probably not an issue on a small scale, but Id keep things well-ventilated.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/04/15/474325037/coffee-workers-concerns-brew-over-chemicals-link-to-lung-disease

I'm a life-long coffee snob. I buy recently roasted beans (<3 weeks, sometimes I get lucky and get 'em the day after roasting), grind them at the moment of brewing, and brew via pourover into a Chemex pot. Mmmm.

Tom, you might consider wading into the water of roasting your own beans. I get greens (unfrosted) from Sweet Maria's in Oakland, a local biz committed to home roasting. He's a international coffee cupper, and their site has everything you'd ever want to know about roasting your own, choosing from their wide selection of amazing beans from around the world, etc.

I went off the deep end years ago and roast my own whenever I can. Roasting a pound only takes 15 minutes or so, and you cannot find a fresher roast. It has also helped me appreciate the commercially available beans from roasters that really care - Blue Bottle here in Oakland is a great source for freshly roasted beans of different varietals.

Another home roaster here. Considerably less expensive to roast verses buying pre-roasted beans and you get a superior cup of coffee. Just dont try roasting inside your house unless you have a nearly airtight ventilation system (or arent married). I also get my beans from Sweet Marias. Purchased my air roaster from them, as well.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

I had a similar weight loss experience when I stopped drinking Coke. Amazing, wasn't it?

These days, I'll drink one every once in a while...but it has to be Mexi-Coke (with real sugar, no HFCS) or I usually don't do it.

dB

I'm not down on sugar or anything like that. I quit soft drinks because I read a book that said caffeine causes or exacerbates migraines, which I tend to get. After a while I realized that my headaches had not changed and concluded that caffeine wasn't my problem. I went back to drinking Pepsi, but I had lost my momentum and decided that there was no good purpose to be served by returning to my previous level of consumption. Actually, these days I most often drink Pepsi if I need the caffeine to stay awake while driving or something.

Grey

Probably not an issue on a small scale, but Id keep things well-ventilated.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/04/15/474325037/coffee-workers-concerns-brew-over-chemicals-link-to-lung-disease

I'm a life-long coffee snob. I buy recently roasted beans (<3 weeks, sometimes I get lucky and get 'em the day after roasting), grind them at the moment of brewing, and brew via pourover into a Chemex pot. Mmmm.

Tom, you might consider wading into the water of roasting your own beans. I get greens (unfrosted) from Sweet Maria's in Oakland, a local biz committed to home roasting. He's a international coffee cupper, and their site has everything you'd ever want to know about roasting your own, choosing from their wide selection of amazing beans from around the world, etc.

I went off the deep end years ago and roast my own whenever I can. Roasting a pound only takes 15 minutes or so, and you cannot find a fresher roast. It has also helped me appreciate the commercially available beans from roasters that really care - Blue Bottle here in Oakland is a great source for freshly roasted beans of different varietals.

Another home roaster here. Considerably less expensive to roast verses buying pre-roasted beans and you get a superior cup of coffee. Just dont try roasting inside your house unless you have a nearly airtight ventilation system (or arent married). I also get my beans from Sweet Marias. Purchased my air roaster from them, as well.

Thanks for sharing. I'm an occasional, small-scale roaster but good to know. My advisory for ventilation was due to the rather strong oily, nutty odor produced by the roasting process. I made the mistake of roasting my first batch in the kitchen. My wife came home and quickly put an end to that practice (can't say I blame her). So now I exclusively roast out in the garage.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Archived