Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Winter NAMM 2018 Planning

Geoff Grace

So, Friday then. :thu:

dB

FYI:

I can still make Friday. However, I cannot get out of work that day, so the ONLY reason I would be driving down Friday night would be to hang out. Since it sounds we're on for our hangout, I will keep my hotel reservation.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just that we're doing it....

I have a 7PM dinner. As soon as that's over, I can join you guys wherever you are. In a worse comes to worse situation, we can probably hang at my hotel.

Do we have an idea of how many people are planning on making the hang? Me, Tony, Dan, Anne, Geoff, Ken, Chuck, OB Dave...who else?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

If you still accept Mexicans, then Mex I CAN!

...and the Old Skool Krew continues to grow. :w00t:

Me please.

:2thu:

Now all we need is a plan. :D

Would be cool to be able to take over the baby grand in my hotel later in the evening. Will have to check out how doable that is when I check in on Tuesday.

dB

That sounds great; but if it doesn't work out, I'd be fine with Denny's, if it came to that.

I've been out of the loop for awhile, but am I right in recalling that Buca Di Beppo became untenable because they started requiring a high deposit in advance?

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I've been out of the loop for awhile, but am I right in recalling that Buca Di Beppo became untenable because they started requiring a high deposit in advance?

That, and it became challenging for me to manage the number of attendees on top of being there to work. :idk:

Honestly, it was easier to put the dinner together when I was only working for one company (ADAM). Once I started doing the multiple company thing, my availability to organize it became diminished; plus, the RedKey lounge was kinda cooler, IMO.

dB

After a *very quiet* year on KC, I'll be at NAMM Thursday and Friday. Count me in on the hang. Looking forward to meeting everyone. - Murray
Casio PX-5S, Korg Kronos 61, Omnisphere 2, Ableton Live, LaunchKey 25, 2M cables

Since vendors are lacking and attendance will be down, I suggest you all meet me for dinner in Carlsbad, NM. That's where I'll be for the foreseeable future. It's a real simple trip, just take a connecting flight through San Antonio to El Paso, then rent a car and drive for 4 hours. For your enjoyment, we have tumble weeds and cactus. Oh, and alcohol.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

This sounds like it's gonna be a great hang. Looking forward to it. I'll be coming down on Friday night after work (no NAMM floor for me until Saturday), so I'll need you guys to fill me in on all the cool stuff. And there's going to be a few KC photographers there, so there's that. And it'll be great to see Geoff, of course!

Would be cool to be able to take over the baby grand in my hotel later in the evening. Will have to check out how doable that is when I check in on Tuesday.

Any word on how doable this plan is? if not, does anyone have a good Plan B?

Best,

Geoff

Any word on how doable this plan is? if not, does anyone have a good Plan B?

The piano is here, but it's sitting towards the front of the hotel, locked up. I'll have to investigate.

I can't really come up with a plan B. Sorry to not be of more help, but I have a bunch of stuff going on at the show this year and it's a bit tough for me to think outside that at the moment. I'm sure I'll be game for whatever everybody wants to do though...

Bryce, you doing your thing at any particular booth(s) this year? Would love to connect with Geoff as well.

Yep. Amphion (15322) is back to back with Cloud and elysia (15422) in the new ACC North hall. I'l be there most of the show.

Come check out the $10k subwoofer system. Bring a change of underwear, though - it goes down to 10Hz. :boing::pop:

dB

I just googled bars near the convention center and came across

The Cave Sports bar - walking distance from the convention center. It looks small but probably easier to get a beer there than any place closer. Just a suggestion barring anything better.

Bryce, you doing your thing at any particular booth(s) this year? Would love to connect with Geoff as well.

Yep. Amphion (15322) is back to back with Cloud and elysia (15422) in the new ACC North hall. I'l be there most of the show.

Busch, I'd like to connect with you as well. Why don't weand other forum members who are at the showmeet at Dave's booths at 5:00 pm on Friday to visit and finalize the evening's plans?

Best,

Geoff

Why don't weand other forum members who are at the showmeet at Dave's booths at 5:00 pm on Friday to visit and finalize the evening's plans?

That's fine by me - my last meeting Friday is at 4:30, and I can block 5 to 6 out as being scheduled.

As mentioned above, I have some pretty nice speakers in my Amphion booth. If you wanna bring a thumb drive with favorite tracks, I'll be happy to spin them for you.

dB

Archived