Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Small electric heater, will 1500 watts be a problem?

I-missRichardTee

I don't usually gig in cool or cold weather, but on the few times I have, it wasn't about keeping my body warm. Its about the keys and my hands! Plastic keys get cold and soon fingers are freezing. Needless to say a huge disadvantage!

Stan

Gig Rig: Yamaha S90 XS; Hammond SK-1; Rehearsal: Yamaha MOX8 Korg Triton Le61, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-1

Retired: Hammond M2/Leslie 145, Wurly 200, Ensoniq VFX

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem is when you try to use the VST3 space heater in Ableton, which only supports VST2. Bang. Fireworks.

Of course, you could always go the Pro Tools route, because the AAX space heater works beautifully.

Best of luck. :2thu:

^^^^^ OT.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

I like lightweight silk long underwear because its not uncomfortable when it is a little warmer, such as the beginning of these gigs or the end of a round of golf on a cool morning.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

It would also help tremendously if you can skirt the front of your keys so the heat is only able to rise up from your side.

I have done this, as well. Works a charm. I bought a few yards of black felt material which 'grabs' nicely onto one side of velcro. Then bought black peel-and-stick velcro strips and stuck them around three corners of my stand. Hung the felt down to the floor so the felt faced the audience. From the audience side, the stretched black felt looks like it's part of the stand. With a small heater hidden down near my feet, the warm air is 'trapped' and the lower half of my body stays quite toasty. For me, as long as my feet and lower body are warm, my face and hands are fine being out in the cooler sir.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

I used a propane heater a few times along with plenty of layers and a hat.

This made me think of playing a tailgate a few times. Due to scheduling problems, the only date that worked was mid-November. And then they moved the kickoff to 11AM. It was below freezing as we set up.

The next year was one the first games of the year. The temperature on the asphalt was somewhere north of 100.

So on average we had perfect weather.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Archived