Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

an amp, my kingdom for an amp

zephonic

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Besides those already mentioned, another worthy candidate is the Line 6 L2t. I really like mine a lot. :thu:

dB

They must be popular. Sold out at most online stores.

I suspect it's possible that when Yamaha acquired Line 6, some of the emphasis may have fallen away from their PA venture.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

my kingdom for an amp

Wait...you have a kingdom? :idk::D

dB

lets breach the walls and storm the palace!

http://aigamedev.com/static/reviews/Medieval2a.jpg

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

• 9 months later...
Besides those already mentioned, another worthy candidate is the Line 6 L2t. I really like mine a lot. :thu:

dB

They must be popular. Sold out at most online stores.

I suspect it's possible that when Yamaha acquired Line 6, some of the emphasis may have fallen away from their PA venture.

dB

Sweetwater has the full range back in stock now.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

The good thing about the K8.2 is that it's cheap and light and a small investment for something as important as organ. Considering it myself for my XK-1c.

I've only heard the older version, but generally prefer QSC's 8" and 10" to their 12" and 15" speakers, due to mid-honk in the larger ones. Most of us here (and on other forums) prefer E/V for acoustic piano sounds, but they sound harsh and muffled for B3. Completely opposite sounds between piano and B3, so that's no surprise.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I hope this isnt off topic but I was wondering if anyone has used or heard the new speaker made by Avante which was at NAMM 2018. It is a lot less expensive then say a QVC but I cant find any mention of it anywhere. Maybe you get what you pay for but curious is anyone recommends it

Another cheap cab is the Seismic Audio L Wave.

Just tried out their 8 inch powered cabs.

They sound really good, no off calibration making stereo samples phase.

Im kind of shocked, and these have 4 years of DJs and bands using them.

165 bucks each brand new.

I dont mind spending 4 or 5 times that much, just hope the sound is twice as good. If not 330 bucks is a sore dick deal.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

For my solo work, I use two LD Systems Maui 28 line array speakers in stereo on either side of me and behind. They have a tweeter on top, 8 mid range in the middle and a sub on the bottom and boy do they sound amazing. I just did a pre-mothers day gig in the jewelry dept of a well known department store and you could hear me from all over the store (120 degree dispersion).

For gigs with a sound man and FOH system, I just bring a single 12" Mackie Thump for monitoring and it sounds just fine. If I suspect the FOH system monitoring will be crap, I will bring both Mackies and run monitoring as stereo in case no one can hear me during the sound check.

Was looking up the LD Stems Maui 28 and came across this at SW:

Turbo sound iNSPIRE iP500

They go for $499! And the reviews I read on their site express a lot of appreciation for the sound quality. At that price and easy schleppability, going stereo with array speakers is pretty affordable. Behringer owns Turbosound now.

Randy

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win11 laptop // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

Archived