Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Video fail

Daddyg3042

Hi,

I can't get Youtube videos to display on this forum. It was always there, then one day...no more. Videos play on their site, and others too. I've searched here and found a couple threads on this, which I've read, and followed the instructions to fix, all to no avail. I've killed all extensions in Chrome, deleted cookies & caches, uninstalled & reinstalled adobe flash, and at least a few other things over the last month I've been trying to fix it. I semi hosed my system a few times, no sound, weird graphic problems, but I've fixed those, yet still no YT videos here.

Chrome tells me I'm using pepperflash (which evidently is the Google version of Flash). I cannot for the life of me figure out how to delete/uninstall that, after hours searching on ways to do so. I thought perhaps an uninstall/reinstall would resolve this. When I attempt to update it, according to the steps offered in many places, it gives a message that no updates are available.

Always enjoyed the videos folks post up here. If anyone has any suggestions, it'd be greatly appreciated. Still using Win XP SP3, with Chrome Version 49.0.2623.112 m..if that helps anyone. Thanks

"May you stay...forever young."

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started one of the other threads.

I've concluded, in case it's not already obvious, that it's a problem with this forum software running on Windows XP. I also have computers with Windows 7 and Windows 10, and they both work fine. Although I access the forum from the XP computer quite frequently, I've given up trying to get embedded videos to work.

I believe this might be related to how YouTube now handles embedded videos, and how this is no longer compatible with older versions of Chrome.

If possible, I would recommending giving Firefox a try to see if the embedded videos appear.

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

Archived