Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

San Francisco

fjzingo

[imcb20110226214303/charmed/iages/c/cc/Golden-gate-park.jpg[/img]

http://www.planet

Hey, i ran that race. There I am in the middle of the pack

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, you're the guy running with the keytar. :w00t:

Thanks for following me ;)

I was a key-tar for Bay to Breakers

For the GGB run, I was Carlos Santana. (j/k)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

It was mentioned above, but . . . the Boom Boom Room is the best place to see jazzy/funky live music. But the shows start late by SF standards, usually around 10.

For a walkable neighborhood that's vibrant and full of good restaraunts and bars, Valencia street in the Mission is the up and coming area and just keeps getting more interesting. Check out the club called Amnesia on Valencia for some out of the ordinary entertainment.

One of my favorite music and food joints is a place I still play: Comstock Saloon in North Beach. Authentic Barbary Coast ambiance, great cocktails, live jazz every night.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Just south of SF in Milbrae.

Hong Kong Flower Lounge restaurant.

You can judge the quality of its Chinese food by the fact that 90% of the patrons are about Chinese.

I highly recommend it.

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the the input, unfortunately I didn't get very much spare time, spent most of time in the moscone center, but had a great time. Just a reason to go back.

Had some of the best dumplings ever at the slanted door down at the harbour building, Had some italian food close to telegraph hill, quite nice Nappa whine called flowers. Took a bar round starting at top of the mark at Mark Hopkins, perhaps a keyboarder working that bar? MOMA, telegraph hill, sea lions and golden gate park. Far to little jaz, funk and soul-next time.

Next Trip to US will be Baltimore 6-11 may, any highlights.

The scenery of SF far outweighs it's rather anemic music scene. Go for the scenery, not the music.

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

I think the number of live music venues, per capita, puts it in the anemic category. But it's a big city and metro area, not hard to find good stuff if you look. It's just not like Austin or NoLa where good music is hitting you in the face everywhere you go.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

I think the number of live music venues, per capita, puts it in the anemic category. But it's a big city and metro area, not hard to find good stuff if you look. It's just not like Austin or NoLa where good music is hitting you in the face everywhere you go.
True dat. There's a music scene in the Bay Area. You just have to dig for it.
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

Like digging in hardened clay :)

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

Archived