Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Christmas songs....

whitefang

Saw these guys open for L.A. Guns in San Antonio.

...sadly, not anywhere near Christmas.

[video:youtube]

And then...

But there's more!

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New holiday music does show up.

By next year I'll have one written in the persona of Santa hisself.

Chk back & call me on that if y' want.

I'll keep an EAR out. ;)

It'll at least help keep the thread on track. :)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Naw. Not about which ones you like or not....but....

In the Epiphone forum, one guy started a thread asking if any members there were trying to or have written a new Christmas song. He claims to have, but his attempts to post it successfully haven't worked so far. So, in the spirit of the season, and to start a thread about something OTHER than a birthday ;), I thought I'd ask it here.

Personally, I never really tried. Never actually really thought about trying for some reason. How about any of Y'all?

Whitefang

I never tried writing a Christmas tune. I am not a big fan of Christmas once I found out I was Santa Clause (for my family). To me it is just something I have to endure for the weeks between Thanksgiving and New Years Eve. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/dance2.gifhttp://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/dance3.gif

The most wonderful time of year for me is mid spring and mid fall here in the Sonoran Desert. Perfect weather.

I'd have to say that for ME, living in the temerate midwest, mid spring and mid fall are the times I like best too. :)

But as far as Christmas tunes, I'd rather PLAY them than try to WRITE one. ;)

Whitefang

Just last night, late night "horror movie" host SVENGOOLIE did a parody tune about Christmas to the tune of "Hark, The Herald Angels Sing". But sadly, I couldn't find a YouTube clip of it. Only a few of the ones he did years ago.

Whitefang

I went and bought some whisky to give as gifts to some of my Dad's colleagues (from the family), and noticed our local booze mega-emporium was swarming with shoppers. Every few minutes, a dozen or so people would either emerge or go in.

So I started thinking, then singing to myself...

"I'm dreaming of a wine Christmas"

"Let it flow, let it flow, let it flow"

"Out to the booze shop, quick, quick, quick!"

"Walking through a whiskey wonderland"

"It's beginning to look a lot like Cristal"

I get a few more, and I'll release my own holiday album.

"A 5th for Christmas: a drunken Christmas collection"

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

"Don we now our GAY apparel,

Feather boa, fishnet hose, and high heels!" ;)

Back when CAMCORDERS were a new thing, I took mine to a family Christmas gathering. I went around the place, walking up to where a group of people would be huddled and asked them, "On THREE, all of you sing your FAVORITE CHRISTMAS song."

When three was counted, all the ADULT aged groups, while the count was on, would quickly agree on WHICH song to sing, and then ALL would sing the SAME ONE.

This happened with three different groups of adults.

Finally, I approached a group of KIDDIES and asked the same thing. At THREE, FIVE different kids sang FIVE DIFFERENT songs at ONCE! JUST what I was LOOKING for!

I found it amusing that the KIDS got it right, but the GROWN-UPS couldn't! :D

Whitefang

@ Danny, We have one of those huge liquor emporiums where I do my Christmas Cheer shopping. You really have a hard time finding a new product and have to search for it (as no real man asks for directions LOL!). I like to have that little jingle Beethoven's 5th buzzing around in my head while shopping and really lay on that bass note when I find the target! :drool:
Take care, Larryz

Archived