Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korla Pandit!!

Dave Weiser

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I have never heard of him, you can't help but be fascinated by the documentary summary. Very intriguing!

Electro 5, NI Kontrol S61/49, MX49, PC3, Rev2, Prologue, Pro3, Juno-DS, Mopho Keys, SE02, drums, tons of synth software, guitars, amps, and pedals...help me!!

I recall this guy from when I was a kid, maybe 4 or 5. I was just beginning to play piano around then so the memories are fairly vivid. Back in those days there weren't a lot of fillers produced for television so there would be these black & white music videos such as Korla Pandit. I think that's where I first saw Nat King Cole. Thanks for posting, Dave!!

Anyone else see a Prince thing going on?

Here for the gear.

Some of these clips are essentially trailers for a full documentary done by John and Christiansen . It can be purchased here: http://www.korlathemovie.com.

I saw a screening of it a year or two ago in Hollywood, but judging from the website there hasn't been much activity on the movie since then. I haven't noticed it on Netflix if it was ever there.

If you can track it down, it's a really interesting extended story. The guy was a monster on the Hammond, and they go into details how he-but mostly his wife- came up with the character. The sad part of the story is that apparently his children didn't know the true story until an article came out in the LA Weekly....

In the Johnny Depp movie, Ed Wood,there's a brief scene of an actor portraying Korla Pandit.

Correction. It actually was Korla Pandit in Ed Wood...

Ha didn't think I could love Ed Wood any more than I already did. I think this is enough to merit yet another viewing. :)

Will be making a point to catch the Korla Pandit documentary.

Archived