Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

JD73 and band playing the Behringer Deepmind

fjzingo

Good music deserves a share :-)

The pianet sound was a killer, thought it was meant to be a a Wurli. Remember how I tried to mimic piano and Hammond sounds on the Roland Juno 106 and DX21.... Really warm is the impression I get, just as the juno106. Haven't played it since the 80s but as I remember it was lush and relied heavily on the chorus effect. The PWM was also cool.

Comforting that the Deepminds 12dB filter opens up for raw sounds, how are the keys, is it Fatar or one of Behringers own design?

Yeah it definitely has the Roland-ish vibe (and its own distinct character too) so it fits into tracks without any processing nicely, it has a really nice round low end and thick lower mids with a smooth top end and present upper mids too but still with plenty of bite when running in 24db mode but it sounds more aggressive and dirty in 12db mode. Ive just made some patches where I had it doing some really convincing moogy leads and nasty basses with the bass boost engaged which adds some lovely depth/sub thickness. Where I think it really excels is for pads, it sounds lush! It also has this kinda acoustic/woody quality to the oscillators which I was really digging, which the electric piano sound at the beginning and end in the video show well I think- that particular sound is very pianet T like! Effects are great too and all the mod possibilities too, really packs a lot in!

Ps the ob6 would compliment it nicely- very different sound. And thanks for sharing again man! :)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a mimed performance to a studio recorded track. its NOTa live recording. Almost no drummer alive can play a fusion track and get every roll the same. Neil Pert is close maybe.

I'm loving the conspiracy theory bro. And the fact that only Rush has the unique ability to perfectly pretend to play along to a recording.

This is a classic gold post. JD73 with his double stacked Deep Minds is the Ashlee Simpson of synth fusion.

Mad respect Balwin.

We seem to live in an age of conspiracy theories and claims that things are rigged. I'd like to see an apology from the doubting Thomas in this case, who implicitly questioned the credibility of funkphingery88. Doubt we'll see one.

I, for one, don't need to see an apology. I'm sold. Hey, it's the internet, folks.

A pair of Behringers, in a one-shot video recording. Solid. It doesn't get any better, does it?

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Beyond the Behringer, this video has given me some ideas--namely that it's awesome to play something other than organ and piano/epiano/clav on funky tunes :) Going to branch out a bit and try some synth patches next gig!

Archived