Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Semi OT - Harry Connick Jr and mini keys

mate stubb

Was watching Fallon last night and he whips out a Yamaha Reface on Harry Connick Jr and asks him to play it.

Harry's reaction was pretty priceless. As he's carefully picking out some boogie, he keeps saying "There's not much here! There's not much here!"

Indeed. :)

Moe

---

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he had smashed it, he would have been a shoo-in for the 2nd keyboard job at Budos Band!

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

BTW - I see the audience hedged their bets on this one, clapping on all four beats. No need a for the ol' 5/4 trick. :D

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

BTW - I see the audience hedged their bets on this one, clapping on all four beats. No need a for the ol' 5/4 trick. :D

Ha! And everyone was STILL off Jimmy, the audience, and the drummer! Harry was doing a Booker groove where the upbeat is accented, and the drummer thought the upbeat was the downbeat and came in appropriately. Jimmy and the audience then followed suit with the drummer. It becomes obvious on the final turnaround.

Oh, rest of the world, when will you learn to understand New Orleans syncopation?

IOW, if this had happened on Colbert, everything would have come out okay, right? :)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

IOW, if this had happened on Colbert, everything would have come out okay, right? :)

Definitely. Jon Baptiste and Stay Human would have crushed it. :thu::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I love those guys. I was glad to see Colbert get the gig and I think he's doing a great job, but as I'm skipping the commercials, I'm always stopping to listen to these guys play in and out of the breaks. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I love those guys. I was glad to see Colbert get the gig and I think he's doing a great job, but as I'm skipping the commercials, I'm always stopping to listen to these guys play in and out of the breaks. :thu:

Jon Batiste is really good always enjoy watching him play the piano. I seen him on TV at the New Orleans Jazz Festival this summer but did not realize he was the band leader on the Colbert Late Show at the time.

Archived