Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is good analog synthesis like (airplane) wing design ?

Theo Verelst

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theo,

I understand fluid FEA. I think you are saying that since sound propagation through air is a 3D problem, that 1D approaches used so far to model synths will always be lacking.

If that's what you are saying, what I'm missing is that speakers are used to transform electrical signals of either analog or digital synths into 3D air movement. Are you saying that this change is different when converting discrete time signals into air movement vs. continous time signals into air movement?

Looks like Theo has abondoned this thread. If he fails to respond to the questions posed here, I will respond to every "I'm so sophisticated"-thread of him with a "ban him". I am sick of trying to make sense of his posts. Maybe he is simply mentally challenged, maybe he is simply a kid, Either way, acting like over the top and not understanding anything is something I cannot tolerate.
2019 W.Hoffmann T122 upright, Roland FP-50, Roland RD64, Korg Microkorg

Looks like Theo has abondoned this thread. If he fails to respond to the questions posed here, I will respond to every "I'm so sophisticated"-thread of him with a "ban him". I am sick of trying to make sense of his posts. Maybe he is simply mentally challenged, maybe he is simply a kid, Either way, acting like over the top and not understanding anything is something I cannot tolerate.
Why not just set him to Ignore? Then you don't even have to see what he posts. This is a better solution than getting yourself worked up about him IMNSHO.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Why not just set him to Ignore? Then you don't even have to see what he posts. This is a better solution than getting yourself worked up about him IMNSHO.

+1. To the best of my knowledge, the OP hasn't ever broken any forum rules or policies.

That said, I've found the forum community here is generally self-regulating, over time. Genuine inquiry receives valuable responses from the community (just look at Wes' Rubato thread), whilst bullsh*t gets called out...and eventually ignored.

I think Theo is putting forth the question of why don't VA synth designers, design the circuitry throughout the entire didgtal to analog to sound wave path (IE Air In motion) like the way that aerospace engineers do for airplanes.

Or...I could be totally wrong,

and in that case the answer is 42.

I see some of my main suggestions were understood.

For the loud naysayers, I only stated something of an observation, I myself understand the subjects involved just fine as I've given reasons for as well. I wasn't asking for some b*tch *ss correction to something I know we'll to be scientifically true, but probably not easily understood. So I *am* saying a lot of digital "perfection" isn't. And for those interested have added the little subject from this thread.

T.

A lot of digital "perfection" isn't. We agree, finally! And here I leave this thread, knowing that everything will be good. Even though that may not be easily understood.
2019 W.Hoffmann T122 upright, Roland FP-50, Roland RD64, Korg Microkorg

Theo, if your purpose is to explain answers to the forum, you will respond to questions that are posed to you without attacking the questioner.

On the other hand, if your purpose is to make us believe that only you have the knowledge and the answers, then this conversation is over.

This.

Archived