Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Doors Organ on eBay?

Shamanczarek

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Doors-Original-Vox-Continental-Keyboard-/191916894367?hash=item2caf23689f:g:jIMAAOSwEjFXfprV

Opening bid of $29,999 for an Italian Vox Continental V301E and roadcase claimed to have been owned by Ray Manzarek. It is quite possible though Ray was not happy with the plastic keys on the Italian organs and rarely used one. I have only seen two photos of Ray with an Italian Continental and one of them is on the cover of the Absolutely Live album. Most photos of Ray playing a Vox Continental show a wood key American-made V301H model. The organ in question was featured on Beverly Hills Pawn. The seller claims it went everywhere with The Doors including the Hollywood Bowl. Not true, Ray used the Kalamazoo K101 at that show and many, many others. Here is a clip from Beverly Hills Pawn:

[video:youtube]

C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It just shows how idiotic most Americans are. Between the air head woman and that yahoo man who thinks he knows the difference between a Connie and a G101... God save us.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

That key that's mentioned painted also. ????? I don't remember a word the Doors have had in communion with the civil rights movement. They let the music talk, like Hendrix, who also took no vocal stance.

After reading this I had to actually watch the clip. 3+ minutes of my life I'll never get back. And that wasn't even the stupidest thing they said.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

No bids. Not surprising. :rolleyes:

He should have taken the $90,000.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

That key that's mentioned painted also. ????? I don't remember a word the Doors have had in communion with the civil rights movement. They let the music talk, like Hendrix, who also took no vocal stance.

After reading this I had to actually watch the clip. 3+ minutes of my life I'll never get back. And that wasn't even the stupidest thing they said.

Of course, I can't take back seeing the rest of the thread, with comments from People Who Know Stuff. But clicking through to that video, without knowing much of anything about the Doors other than I grew up not liking them...that seemed like pure con from beginning to end.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Of course its con. Its reality TV.

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment: You know how the guy claims he got it after Jim Morrison died? It's not impossible that it could have been Morrison's without any of us knowing about it...since Jimbo didn't play organ, and we wouldn't much know what he owned.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

I have Ray Manzerek's G101! It has black AND white keys!

I have a candy wrapper that Ann Wilson discarded before a concert in the 80's. Reese's peanut butter cup... with the cardboard insert.

Make me an offer.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

I go to garage sales every Saturday.

The take on economic reality can be amusing.

One day, I will find the model D mini moog for sale by the pissed off ex wife to be 😎

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Is that black key / civil rights thing true, I'v never heard that before?

Anyhoo reminds me of this I saw on E-bay this week....what sounds like a blown Sharma rotary that was once "used by Deep Purple"....

"Hi I bought this item from a bloke in Yorkshire who said that deep purple allegedly used this on tour as he bought it from their manager. I dont know if it's true but it has a lot of overdrive, that's why it's listed as spares or repair. It makes my digital piano sound like an electric guitar. It also pops when switching on or off. "

E-bay Sharma

Remember - you can make a record without an organ on it, but it won't be as good

www.robpoyton.co.uk

I do know that Ray made a really big deal about my wife and I being an interacial couple. As we approached him he exclaimed loudly: "Hey Look! An interacial couple!" All in good fun.

Archived