Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

K & M Stand and Stacker One More Time

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I recieved the K&M 18880 from Full Compass (quick shpg, 10 days) with 2 stackers. Very disappointed in this stand. It is light enough, but so is my QL-642. Unlike the rock solid stance of the QL, the K&M has lateral movement which would be disconcerting on any unsteady stage, but it also displays a spindly or rotational wobble.

I was hoping to use this stand as a 3 teir but at anything above mid height I would not trust my Virus TI2 Polar on top.

It is being returned and I will just have to settle for an L config with 2 QL-642's whenever I need that 3rd kbd......MUCH less expensive as well.

Mine wobbles maybe 1/4" side to side - enough to feel if you are checking for it, not noticeable on a gig.

I am so pleased that you have said this, because mine also does this and I have been wondering if I had not put it together properly.... It is never a problem when I am playing, but I seem to remember some people here saying that they do not use the crossbar. As mine already has this wobble, I cannot imagine ever being confident enough to remove that crossbar. I would love to hear from some of the people who have removed it....is your stand rock solid - with or without it?

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

Well I recieved the K&M 18880 ...with 2 stackers. Very disappointed in this stand. It is light enough, but so is my QL-642...I will just have to settle for an L config with 2 QL-642's whenever I need that 3rd kbd......

A pair of QL-642's is about 40 pounds. A three-tier 18880 system is about 9 lbs.

The K&M always felt steady enough for me. Maybe it behaves a little differently depending on the weight of the boards you're putting on it...?

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

First time you use this stand it is a little scary. I seems the more weight you put on it the more solid it feels to a certain point. This is from Saturday. Not sure how much weight I'm riding. A Kronos-88 is probably around 60 lbs. The XK3c is fairly hefty. The FA-06 is really light. No problems. I'm guessing I've done about 300 gigs on this stand.

The spring pins that act as a stop keeping your boards from coming forward come loose. That is the one design flaw I have found.

It wobbles if I grab the stand and rock it sideways so I don't do that. LOL

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/CEB2/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpshxgt1uik.jpeg

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Archived