Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best use auto-tune. Ever.

Dave Weiser

How did he do that? Can you tweak the vocals with Melodyne? I know youtube has a isolated vocal tracks from the Bohemian Rhapsody. Did he use those or can you just take the song as such and transpose the vocals 'inside' of it?

I've heard songs being changed from Minor key to Major key also. Is that Melodyne too?

Melodyne is good, but I don't think it can separate vocals *that* cleanly.

Instead, the guy just searched YouTube for isolated vocal and backing tracks, put them back together in Audacity, and then pitch-shifted the vocal track down a step. Very simple, but horribly effective.

Here's his YouTube video explaining the process:

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHBSEBWsKDY

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How did he do that? Can you tweak the vocals with Melodyne? I know youtube has a isolated vocal tracks from the Bohemian Rhapsody. Did he use those or can you just take the song as such and transpose the vocals 'inside' of it?

I've heard songs being changed from Minor key to Major key also. Is that Melodyne too?

Melodyne is good, but I don't think it can separate vocals *that* cleanly.

Instead, the guy just searched YouTube for isolated vocal and backing tracks, put them back together in Audacity, and then pitch-shifted the vocal track down a step. Very simple, but horribly effective.

Here's his YouTube video explaining the process:

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHBSEBWsKDY

Cheers,

James

x

I would pay top dollar for an album of this guy's material if he were to use "Horribly Effective" as the title.

I do use pitch change in Audacity myself due to what characters are needed on our comedy segments. Pitch up a step and a half for the stoner station office cleaner girl (makes me sound college age) and pitch down two steps for a male voice. That combined with the appropriate speech patterns works!

Very handy little tool.

:)

I have heard of her. She was an opera singer with zero talent, but with a lot of money en rich friends, so she still had a carreer. Very funny indeed!

Yes there is a film coming out (or might have just come out) about her. I heard it reviewed on the radio the other day - the reviewer liked it a lot.

True story:

Caught Duran Duran's "Notorious" tour back in the 90s in Denver, and the DAT backing track was a half-step higher than the live instruments.

That was painful.

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

Thanks. Now I feel bad for people who to listen to me sing at gigs.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Archived