Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Messe rumors and news?

Tobias Åslund

You have to assume that they've recorded and mixed the sample set in the DP to take advantage of the 8 speakers. They're not going to simply send L and R to the amp.

Yamaha N3, for example, uses a sample set recorded with multi-mic sessIon, then plays back on the instrument using 22W x 10 + 30W x 4 + 80W x 2 amplifiers driving (16cm + 13cm + 2.5cm) x 4 speakers. Needless to say it sounds better than a slab or console DP with two 20 watt amps and a pair of car speakers.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still no real rumors are there?

Yamaha will be eloberating their new montage..

But what about all those others?

Normally Roland and Korg announce the new stuff about a week before a show..

Messe might be just a rerun of winter Namm..

Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha Tyros5 (76), Integra 7, macbook pro/mainstage

'the Pa4X Oriental

Hmmmm, remind you of anything?

http://static.keymusic.com/products/236068/XL/korg-pa4x-76.jpg

It looks like a normal pa4x to me...

Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha Tyros5 (76), Integra 7, macbook pro/mainstage

I was referring to the Oasys.

+1

I wish Korg had maintained a similar design for the Kronos. I always thought the OASYS looked badass. :cool:

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

I'm surprised no-one has suggested that Casio may present a replacement to the PX5S - following the 560 an upgrade to the PX I would have thought a logical step?

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

This is an unexpected collaboration: Pioneer and Dave Smith joined forces to make a new sampler, the Toraiz SP-16.

Here's the official

This actually looks pretty cool. Not much up for specs yet, but the description has a fair amount of info. I could see myself using this if the price tag isn't too prohibitive.

This is an unexpected collaboration: Pioneer and Dave Smith joined forces to make a new sampler, the Toraiz SP-16.

Here's the official

This actually looks pretty cool. Not much up for specs yet, but the description has a fair amount of info. I could see myself using this if the price tag isn't too prohibitive.

1599 Euro according to this. The price is high enough (thank you, analog filters from Prophet 6) to keep the kiddies away but it won't stop everybody from buying.

http://www.factmag.com/2016/04/05/pioneer-dj-dave-smith-toraiz-sp-16-hardware-sampler/

I was referring to the Oasys.

+1

I wish Korg had maintained a similar design for the Kronos. I always thought the OASYS looked badass. :cool:

^^This. That 10" display at 800x600 would've been sweet. Would've liked them to keep the chord pads too.

Hardware

Yamaha DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1/Roland VR-760/Hydrasynth Deluxe/

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 5/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX

I have only my gut to go on, but...

I have to wonder if Komplete 11 is going to drop. I just got a Komplete 10 upgrade at an absolute steal of a price from a major internet music retailer, and I expect they were doing more than clearing inventory.

Reaktor 6 would be included for sure, and possibly Kontakt 6? They've got a new UI for Reaktor (and quite a nice one), so I could see them applying the same to Kontakt plus who knows what else. That product is already miles deep--it's hard to imagine what they'd do in addition--unless, like Reaktor, they make it EASIER to use? Maybe some sort of "macro" function for easier control of parameters across instruments in multis? More integrated effects? Throw in a few libraries that weren't included in 10, and I guess you have yourself an upgrade.

Aside from that it's hard to imagine something like Massive 2, FM9, or Absynth 6 coming along. All the new synth work is in Reaktor, which is probably a good thing (i.e. focus on making a great product that much better). Rounds alone is amazing :)

Sorry for speculation.

-John

I make software noises.

Will you find time to check out the KeyB Legend and report to us non-Messe-goers?

"This is my rig, and if you don´t like it....well, I have others!"

"Think positive...there's always something to complain about!"

Will you find time to check out the KeyB Legend and report to us non-Messe-goers?

On top of my list together with the single manual MOJO and the Kawai MP11/VPC1......finally i have time to check on those specific mentioned clonewheels .... to fuel our precious clone topics even more.....hahaha just kidding !

I do hope the noise levels are bearable though....

I do hope the noise levels are bearable though....

NAMM2016 was the first NAMM show I had been to since 2005.

I had taken Saturday off to visit a friend, and that day is usually the BUSIEST of the NAMM shows. If Friday was any judge, the Saturday show had to have been REALLY noisy. I don't remember them being that noisy back in 2005! NAMM did report that attendance records were broken for 2016 though.

Almost ready to go......four days at the Messe.

I hope i will find some spare time to meet some of you and maybe anyone of you has time to drop by at my booth.

http://www.cstands.com

Looks good! Any plans for keyboard-related products?

local: Korg Nautilus 61 AT | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer | 16" MBP M1 Max

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

News is starting to trickle.

Nothing keys yet, caught Nord today doing their homage to the Roland SPD stuff. They call it the nord drum 3P. I think it looks hella fun.

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/products/nord-drum-3

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sites/default/files/models/ND3P-top.png

A&H has a new Qu compact digital mixer. Really tiny rack space requirements for the number of inputs, looks like they off loaded the hardware interface to a GUI on the iPad.

http://www.allen-heath.com/allen-heath-launches-new-addition-to-qu-range/

http://ww2.sonicftp.com/news/images/26855_58.jpg

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

There is recently a discussion on facebook that

Hammond will release a new keyboard tomorrow....

We'll see...

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Prophet 5, Roland SE02, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, Yamaha Montage M7

Live: Yamaha CP88, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Roland Fantom 07, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent

Archived