Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Scott Weiland sadly has passed away

bennyray

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have incessantly run into people who tout the "you have to understand addiction" line when they are at a loss to explain someone's problems or a particular tragedy. I hate to break it to you guys, but LIFE ITSELF is an addiction. Every human being on the planet is addicted to SOMETHING. The entire process of life is itself something that we are addicted to. "Life On Earth" is not something that needs to exist in the universe, it's just something we WANT to exist, because of the simple reason that WE ARE WE.

You can't be free of addiction, because all the things that people are "addicted to" are just elements of life. You don't need them, true. But then, the universe doesn't need us.

Kurzweil PC3, Yamaha MOX8, Alesis Ion, Kawai K3M

Weiland's guitarist Jeremy Brown also died in March 2015 of substance abuse and he was apparently from a Mormon family.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-weilands-guitarist-jeremy-brown-dead-at-34-20150331

C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

Didn´t know so much about him except hearing that he was a junkie all the time.

But, EVERY picture I ever saw of him, he had this real sadness in his eyes. They say that the eyes are the mirror to the soul.

Just saw this interview. Weiland had been through some VERY tough shit during his childhood. I could feel this when I saw the pictures of him. I´m not surprised at all that he became a heavy drug/alcohol addict...

Very sad...

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWWRqjzX7YE

Btw, Howard Stern is a disgusting asshole!

This is indeed very sad.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

It's amazing how Howard Stern can get people to open up like this.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

This is WAY OT from the topic of Scott Weiland, but you might find this interesting.

Is Howard Stern going soft or just getting sharper?- Washington Post

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Didn´t know so much about him except hearing that he was a junkie all the time.

But, EVERY picture I ever saw of him, he had this real sadness in his eyes. They say that the eyes are the mirror to the soul.

Just saw this interview. Weiland had been through some VERY tough shit during his childhood. I could feel this when I saw the pictures of him. I´m not surprised at all that he became a heavy drug/alcohol addict...

Very sad...

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWWRqjzX7YE

Btw, Howard Stern is a disgusting asshole!

This is indeed very sad.

At around 35:00 when he starts telling that horrible story... OMG. The look in his eyes at the end of that story.

At around 35:00 when he starts telling that horrible story... OMG. The look in his eyes at the end of that story.

I was thinking the same thing - he was re-living that memory, in every detail, right at that moment. Very sad.

I find this tread interesting as it's gone this long for not even a keyboard based artist when other talented people have passed without the attention they deserved.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

No, what is "amazing"' is that Stern keeps fishing after details of that horrific incident. Doesn't bother him a bit that Weiland barely can speak from pain, re-living those memories.

Disgusting asshole is an understatement!

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

http://www.michaelbransonsmith.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/fonzie-doesnt-make-it.gif

Naaahhh... I would never pull a "Fonzie 1976" on you guys...

fonzi.jpg

However, my Nietzscheian logic about the state of the human condition still stands, dammit!

9f91effed314a151f248a29b15e95015.jpg

But, then again.... those freakin' nihilists....

nihilists.jpg

Kurzweil PC3, Yamaha MOX8, Alesis Ion, Kawai K3M

Cause of death via TMZ:

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner says the results show he OD'd on cocaine, MDA, and booze. It also shows heart disease and asthma were "significant" conditions. The test results also revealed Scott's "multi-substance dependence" was a factor.

no surprise, except I don't even know what MDA is. i just don't keep up on the cool kids dope these days. sure, i could google, but why.

bummer for him.

The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.

MDMA would be Ecstasy proper. MDA was a predecessor of Ecstasy. They are very similar. MDA's street names include Sally or Sass. MDA has no medical use. There are Ecstasy studies looking at its use for autism and PTSD,

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Archived