Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

fixing a rhodes track editing problem

TaurusT

Not sure what forum to post, but I'l have a go anyway since the majority of keyboardists nowadays use cubase to record in.

I was recording a Rhodes tune in Cubase some days ago and editing it in the key editor of Cubase when all of the sudden I noticed that as soon as I started editing the notes (moving the note-line up or down) in the editor, I wouldn't hear a sound. Normally, if you'd click on that note, you'd hear a sound, whereafter you could hold the mouse button and move it up or down to change pitch and immediately hear the change of sound. Right now, it doesn't do that anymore.

Very strange considering the "piano roll" on the side of the key editor just works fine and gives sound when I click on it. My midikeyboard also works fine and produces the sound through the VST and playback also works fine. It's only during clicking on the note-lines on the grid that I do not get any audible playback when I start changing notes and their pitch/lengths.

I've been looking for ages for a fix but I can't find one. Does anyone recognise this problem?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No solution for your issue, but I thought I'd point out:

1) Your subject doesn't mention Cubase at all, which is the problem you're actually having.

2) You don't specify which version of Cubase you're using, nor what platform/OS.

3) You don't mention which VST you're using (probably not as important, but the more info you provide, the better, always.)

Have you recently upgraded Cubase (again, no idea what version you're on)? Have you changed anything else on the computer between the last time you heard it behaving "properly" and now?

... since the majority of keyboardists nowadays use cubase to record in....

On a side note, I'd be interested in hearing where that stat came from. I'd also be very surprised if it's accurate. Not a value judgement on Cubase, just an observation.

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

There is a toggle tool button (the 3rd from the left on top on the piano roll). It looks like a speaker with an arrow pointer. If you mouse over it the tool tip says "Acoustic Feedback". That is the feature which gives you sound when you click on a piano roll note.
Live Rig: SV-1 | Sk1 | Prophet 6 | Sub37 > SM10 > SS3

Archived