Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Axel Hartman Teases a New "Monster" Synth

DulceLabs.com

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Only 20 black and 20 silver will be made | Waldorf / Sledge Synthesizer Engine | SPL Supra Op-Amp audio technology | Wavetables | Hartmann Neuron Synthesizer Sampleset | Pure aluminium shell, milled from a massive block | Collapsable, milled ultra thin aluminium panel | Custom-built pure aluminium knobs and wheels | Custom-built acrylic-glass switches | Highest quality, custom-built, all black Fatar TP 8 Keybed"

http://oi62.tinypic.com/hvb8ds.jpg

:snax::snax::snax:

WTF is up with those frickin' wheels!!!!!!!!!???????

Other than that it's intriguing.......

And those keys..... Is it a ROLI Seaboard with a hardware synth attached?

Now THAT would be something!

"I have constantly tried to deliver only products which withstand the closest scrutiny � products which prove themselves superior in every respect.�

Robert Bosch, 1919

Axel Hartmann has been known for something I admire ... a focus on the tactile interface to make playable instruments, as opposed to simply providing "fresh" sounds in a box. However, my first skeptical thought was "can something built on a Sledge/Waldorf engine augmented by some Neuron samples truly be a "monster synth" in 2015?" As skeptical as I am ... I have to hope that Mr. Hartmann has thought about new ways of manipulating and controlling sound.

Speculation: If it has some neuron type dsp and some Waldorf Q+ filters it could very desirable indeed.

Archived