Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My DMC 122 Got Here Today... Trashed!!

kwyn

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it taking three days? Do they build them when they are ordered?

Simple!

Because we are now closed for summer holiday, I'm in office regularly every day (because customer support is important) but no workers here before August 24... so I'm the only one that need to go to factory, open, take one unit, test it and ship it, maybe in this period will take longer than usual, I think I can do this tomorrow but maybe one day more...

www.crumar.it

info@crumar.it

Yes. He said he is cross-shipping one ASAP. I believe ASAP means 3 days. I wish it was sooner, but oh well.

I'll let you all know how it turns out.

This is probably way out there: . . but . . it would seem to me perhaps someone local US looking for a deal who may do MI or computer repairs (even pickup possible by someone local) could buy the damaged one for a discount, pay local US shipping, get parts if necessary and everyone could win . .Crumar saves return shipping - original owner gets new one

I am in NJ. I would not mind getting a price on it damaged. You can't have too many dual manuals if you play organ too (Andrea if you are reading this send me a PM (private message) of a price of the unit damaged if doable with no warranty)

I sent my Mojo to Andrea to have the audio interface upgraded and thought I had packed it robustly and used "fragile" tape etc. When it returned the wood end cheeks were a fair bit damaged.

Apparently, on transit it had literally been thrown around and when it arrived in Italy it was in a sorry state.andrea and his team fixed it up for me and repaired the damage as best as they could.

The return package was really well protected so I know that they take care sending goods.

I paid extra for insurance against damage but the couriers refused to pay.

I now realise that couriers take absolutely no care with parcels.

Why is it taking three days? Do they build them when they are ordered?

Simple!

Because we are now closed for summer holiday, I'm in office regularly every day (because customer support is important) but no workers here before August 24... so I'm the only one that need to go to factory, open, take one unit, test it and ship it, maybe in this period will take longer than usual, I think I can do this tomorrow but maybe one day more...

God, I want to move to Italy! :) The very concept of a "summer holiday" for US workers is very rare here...

God, I want to move to Italy! :) The very concept of a "summer holiday" for US workers is very rare here...

Oh yeah...in Europe and Scandinavia everything stops for two months during "holiday".

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Not true !

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Prophet 5, Roland SE02, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, Yamaha Montage M7

Live: Yamaha CP88, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Roland Fantom 07, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent

Certainly not true in the UK! Particularly if you're self-employed, as I am. Best we're managing is a few days in Estonia to mark our 10th wedding anniversary...

Yamaha: P515, CP88, Genos 1, HX1

What a nightmare of packages , no wonder some things get tumbled >

Brett

Very cool!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

This reminds me (the damage, not how it was handled) of a Numa Nero 88 wooden keyboard I sold and shipped on eBay that something heavy fell on the keyboard side of the box with keyboard damage (??) one key was sticking up after UPS got done with it. 2 reads a short and longer one

1. Short story: I had a claim on it the buyer wanted to return it. Went back and forth for 3 weeks as eBay sent me an email and eBay said that we have to come to a conclusion or they will decide. I sent an email to eBay to say we have settled the problem. 2 days LATER they refunded the buyer eBay wound up giving the keyboard free to the buyer and paying me for the instrument from their corporate account

2. Longer story: I was notified by the buyer the Numa Nero came in damaged and he wanted to return it. I said sure but "hold on to it so I can get UPS to examine it when I put in a claim" I put in a claim. One week goes by, no UPS rep going to his house. I notified UPS that I want the item examined so he can return it and I can proceed with my claim. Another week goes by but this time on a certain day they ask to go see the box, however, the buyer is not available and has no other options to help UPS (like a neighbor).

Many emails were exchanged and I got picture of the broken key sticking up from UPS handling the piano in the original box with extra packing and felt nuggets.

After about 3 weeks of trying to wait to get UPS and my buyer together, the buyer said after testing the rest of the instrument. "I like it. I am going to keep it and get a price for the key fix or just fix it myself" I said, "Great sure."

eBay emailed me the same day coincidentally and said, "if you do not come to a conclusion in 48 hours we will decide on behalf of the buyer." I immediately emailed back (and obviously had the record of the email) and said, "no problem the issue is over and the buyer settled the dispute online and closed it"

2 days later they completely refunded the buyer. WHAT!!!?? I called by phone ebay and went up the chain to higher officials. They saw the mistake and sent me from eBay funds the full price of the instrument plus shipping. The buyer got a free instrument as I asked. They said "no we cannot charge the buyer the amount after we refunded it. It is his"

So I got paid from eBay company-money and the buyer got a free 1300 dollar Numa Nero in great condition other than the key.

What was odd about it too was the fact I thought the seller (me) had to have in tracking he received it back before eBay issued a PayPal refund.

Archived