Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What keyboard is this?

yorgatron

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow this song takes me back. I was ten years old in 1975. I don't think I've heard this song past that year but I still find it getting stuck in my head from time to time. That's the definition of "catchy" I think.

Carl

Wow, great pull on the National.

And indeed, such great tune. Although from different bands, but slightly the same general time, this always reminded me of "Go All The Way" from The Raspberries.

The very late 60's to mid-70's for me represented the very best of AM radio; so many great and diverse songs during that time period. By the late 70's, the end of locally controlled playlists by radio stations was near, and lots of scrappy independent record labels started to get bought up my the majors. At least to me, AM radio was never the same by the 80's.

Other tunes from the era I remember buying on 45 beside the above mentioned tunes: "Signs" by Five Man Electrical Band, "War" by Edwin Starr, "You Are Everything" by The Stylistics, "The Joker" by Steve Miller, "Space Oddity" by David Bowie, "Ride Captain Ride" by Blues Image, the Badinger singles.....great stuff. I miss the joy of saving for and buying 45's........

That looks like a National SX-601 organ. The Wiki article seems to indicate this was made by Ace Tone (early incarnation of Roland) and branded for National (Panasonic). Here's the link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_Tone

http://i60.tinypic.com/e03k40.jpg

I am impressed. You sir deserve a beer. :)

D-10; M50; SP4-7; SP6

I'm a fairly accomplished hack.

Wow, great pull on the ...

A little Goigle-foo. I first looked up the song and band -- no info there. So I Image searched 70s organs -- too much there. Then for some reason I seemed to remember Roland starting off in organs so that image search yielded the National. It had a unique look with those white "wing" switched so it popped off the page.

In the early 1970s I was very happy that I had a Farfisa Combo Compact, because my alterative was an Ace Tone (cheesy, all 8' voices). A B3 was never on my radar due to economics.

In high school I was impressed with Roland. I played vibraphone and bass licks on an SH-1000, and basked in the velocity sensitivity of the EP-30. I never associated those guys with Ace Tone. You learn something new every day at this place....

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Wow, great pull on the ...

A little Goigle-foo. I first looked up the song and band -- no info there. So I Image searched 70s organs -- too much there. Then for some reason I seemed to remember Roland starting off in organs so that image search yielded the National. It had a unique look with those white "wing" switched so it popped off the page.

Interesting info on the band, though. Ex-Bay City Rollers, produced by Alan Parsons and later joined Parson's Project, worked with 10cc. It's Magic had one of the most promising hooks that dissolved into the worst wahwah pedal B sections in pop history (my opinion).

Here for the gear.

Archived