Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Good Price on Hammond A-100. . .Mid-MI Estate Sale

Polkahero

Just want to give fellow Michiganders an alert on a decent A-100 that I just checked out at an estate sale. The only issue I noticed was the upper manual preset keys didn't latch. They're asking $500 but I'm sure that is negotiable with the estate's executor who doesn't play. Sale lasts today and tomorrow (Sunday). PM me for more information!

Unreal how many of these deals I've had to pass up on because I have no more room for anymore organs. . .

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure, but there's some red tape and work involved. When buying from the US for, say, $1000, the shipping may amount to $500. Then we pay customs, (6%), and sales tax on the whole sum (25%), and suddenly $1000 is $1987,5. After that, a US Hammond will need a 220v/60hZ fix, and were over twice the prize...

My A-100 was previously owned by a Hammond tech, it sounds and plays like a dream and I factored in the likelihood of finding another A-100 in my town in the same shape. I probably could've found one, but at the time I had the money and the opportunity and I went for it. I can't fit a larger console in my studio anyway, and the B/C3 models here are usually gigged harder than the A series.

A good B3 over here will easily fetch over $12,000 without a Leslie, I've seen one go for $18,000.

Well, I have one, ( Calif ) it needs attention because It has not been played in 8 years.

If you know of anyone, it had a nice sound, and never was used on gigs, but once or twice. I bought it as a home organ about 18 years ago. No Leslie.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

You should contact Bill Axman if you want to get rid of it. He buys A-100's for chops. Expect to get between $500-$800 for it.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Update on the estate sale: Just heard that a church in Ohio purchased the A-100 yesterday for around $300. Really glad to hear it's going to be used and not scrapped or parted out!

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Archived