Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any OTHER "old timers" remember this guy?

whitefang

THIS goes WAY back!

There was once a guy in these forums who SWORE that there was going to be a movie made about the life and times of JIMI HENDRIX, that was not only gonna be WRITTEN and DIRECTED by action film star STEVE SEAGAL, but STARRING Seagal as JIMI!

We ALL tried to tell him it was all just some internet bullshit, but he wouldn't be shaken! He INSISTED this was for REAL! One member even went to Seagal's website, and found NO information on it. And, as time NOW proves, such a film NEVER came about.

But, the poor guy was BESIDE himself with FRIGHT about it!

As you can see, I never forgot about him! :)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't think there was a "before my time", but I guess this was in fact truly before my time. I don't remember anything about this, & something that ridiculous would have lodged in my memory. Segal, seriously?!

Some of us are truly "old farts" in terms of our time on this forum. Self included. :D

Griff, the "registration date" under your "avatar" claims your seniority here is two months more than mine. Which means, it WASN'T before "your time". And, I still insist I've been in this forum BEFORE the date shown under MY "avatar". Couple of years, at least....

Whitefang

Griff, the "registration date" under your "avatar" claims your seniority here is two months more than mine. Which means, it WASN'T before "your time". And, I still insist I've been in this forum BEFORE the date shown under MY "avatar". Couple of years, at least....

Whitefang

I didn't say it was before my time. I was just poking fun at Scott Fraser for referring to himself as being an "original" when there are those of us who've been around for years prior... :D

Heck, some of the KB guys have been here since 2000.

Dan South may have either posted about that, or been involved in a thread related to this Seagal/Hendrix allegation and/or joke; seems to have originated on one of the MusicPlayer Forums around 2002. I refuse to put any more time and effort into tedious searching for further concrete information here; go ask Dan South, Tedster, The Wewus, or KenElevenShadows if you want...

Whitefang

I didn't say it was before my time. I was just poking fun at Scott Fraser for referring to himself as being an "original" when there are those of us who've been around for years prior... :D

Heck, some of the KB guys have been here since 2000.

__. http://oldbulllee.com/pix/apes.jpg

__

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Well, HELL....I remember the FUSS many members were making about the feared approaching Y2K "problem".

I recall just about every member changing their "avatars" to suit every holiday! Haloween "avatars", Valentine's day, Christmas, 4th of July and so forth!

And WHAT'S become of LEE FLIER

TEDSTER,

HENRYROBBINETT,

ROB T( I know he died),

DAK LANDER( him, too!)

NC-17!

There was also some gink who went on a tangent about how HE thought it was ridiculous for people to "take a pill" just because they were "down in the dumps", which is how HE thought of "Clinical depression"! And, NONE of us could convince him that clinical depression was something OTHER than just "feelin' blue" or "down in the dumps"!

Man.....THOSE were the days! And my TIGER FACE up there WASN'T quite as large.

And I also recall big arguments over how some members thought Jeb Bush was tryin' to rig the election for his brother by causing all the election folly down there in Florida! THAT'S when the administrators decided to try and creat a special forum room for members to go to for political "discussions" and try to keep the incivility off the general board.

Whitefang

And WHAT'S become of LEE FLIER

TEDSTER,

HENRYROBBINETT,

ROB T( I know he died),

DAK LANDER( him, too!)

NC-17!

I occasionally conversate with Ted, Henry, and Lee on Facebook... Overall, they each seem to be doing well. I was sorry to learn of Dak's passing last year...

Well, tell 'em "HI" for me( and Tedster I recall, is also a native Michigander, now living in Missouri I believe), and try to get 'em to come back!

Whitefang

Well, tell 'em "HI" for me( and Tedster I recall, is also a native Michigander, now living in Missouri I believe), and try to get 'em to come back!

Whitefang

Will do when I get around to it. Ted's popped in here a few times since I got back in touch with him.

Henry Robbinett said he was going to stop hanging-busy guy, I can understand. He`s one of the good ones, depite our weeklong debate.

I kinda sorta remember someone making that statement, and thinking it was total nonsense.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

So, how about the guy I mentioned in another thread who said NONE of us should bother learning to play guitar if we weren't prepared to also learn how to REPAIR them? That we had NO business even playing guitar unless we were also capable of doing our own repairs and not worrying about finding competent luthiers to do the repairs! A few of us at the time asked him if HE got his AUTO MECHANIC certification before he got his DRIVER'S LICENSE, or bought his first car? I think someone else asked him what he would do if he ever got APPENICITIS?

Whitefang

Archived