Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Donating Keyboards in LA?

Anyone know of a particularly worthy non-profit charity in the LA area who could use some donated musical equipment?

My situation: I have had a bunch of my former gigging equipment in paid storage for several years now, and it doesn't look like I'll be needing it any time soon. Here's the list:

Yamaha S90 with Vocal Harmonizer and Virtual acoustic plug in cards. wheeled case

Yamaha MO6 and gig bag

Carvin 100W keyboard amp

Yamaha StagePas300 with stands and wheeled case

Yamaha DGX-xxx (I can't remember the xxx) 88 key DP brand new

Alesis QS7 and gig bag

Emu Proteus1000 with Definitive B3 ROM

Johnson J-Station Pod and amp simulator

Yamaha WX-5 Breath controller and VL70M virtual acoustic module

Apex 4 tier tribar stand.

Loads of musical software, libraries, recording stuff and lots more I haven't thought of.

I simply don't have the time or inclination to advertise, demonstrate, haggle, pack and ship this stuff to make a few bucks, but wouldn't mind getting some sort of tax write-off for donating it. I'd rather see it go to a church or a school or some sort of place that could actually get some use out of this stuff if possible.

One caveat: They need to come pick it up in the south bay area of los angeles, and take it all in one trip.

Any advice or suggestions much appreciated.

thanks

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Donated my Yamaha S90 and road case to my kid's high school vocal music dept. A lot less hassle than eBay or CL and a nice tax deduction.

I had to laugh when the director commented on what a beast it was to move. Sheesh, he's got a few dozen 14-18 guys to move it! I guess I don't feel bad for complaining about schlepping it around.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Wastrel, you also might think about donating to some poorer school districts. Those instruments could find very happy homes. I might be able to get an E-mail for you actually if you are interested. My friend teaches at Ritter Elementary in Watts. Let me know.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Thanks for the posts and PMs everyone. I've found a home for this stuff. It's kind of like an organ (no pun intended) donation. Better to have the instruments out there making music than buried away somewhere.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Archived