Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ravenscroft: new VILabs piano

SK

I have my ravenscroft on a new laptop, samples on an ssd, i7 4th gen, 8 Gb ram. still could not play it without pops and click artifacts. :)

hopefully this will fix that.

I'm guessing that this is a DPC latency issue, where some rogue hardware drivers cause pops and clicks. Your system config is more than adequate. Have you tried using the DPC latency checker? If you report back the results, we might help you find a solution.

- Guru

This is really what MIDI was originally about encouraging cooperation between companies that make the world a more creative place." - Dave Smith

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the Ravenscroft files are in one folder "Install Ravenscroft" V16 (if I recall). The other three pianos are in another single folder "Install True Keys" V15. So there are no longer the multiple folders or files to download.

Thanks!

Joe? When you wake up... never mind. :/

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

thank you very much.

I have not done that.

I just checked the DPC Latency Checker link that you generously posted.

I have Windows 8.1. it says at the website that it is not compatible with Windows 8. they are working on a new version that will be.

any other thoughts about how to checkfor a problem.

my computer is an HP Envy 15t-j100 Quad Core Notebook.

I have my ravenscroft on a new laptop, samples on an ssd, i7 4th gen, 8 Gb ram. still could not play it without pops and click artifacts. :)

hopefully this will fix that.

I'm guessing that this is a DPC latency issue, where some rogue hardware drivers cause pops and clicks. Your system config is more than adequate. Have you tried using the DPC latency checker? If you report back the results, we might help you find a solution.

- Guru

@chas50: There are alternatives for Win 8.1. But it's a rather elaborate issue, and has nothing to do with VI Ravenscroft. I recommend that you start a separate thread regarding pops and clicks with the HP Envy notebook. It would be fair to both people interested in the VI Ravenscroft, and to those interested in troubleshooting laptop audio problems.

- Guru

This is really what MIDI was originally about encouraging cooperation between companies that make the world a more creative place." - Dave Smith

The VI Labs piano samples are now available in FLAC which cuts the Ravenscroft piano size down to 5.8 GB from 35 GB without sound degradation. Pretty great idea if you ask me. That has got to make it easier on a laptop rig...

Maybe this will help.

Some users have had better luck in Windows 8.1 by hosting UVI Workstation within a program like Cantabile or Main Stage, etc. instead of using the standalone UVI Workstation. However users that have good audio interfaces with stable ASIO drivers have reported no issues at all.

Any existing customer that doesn't have download links but wants the new version should contact ViLabs right away using the form on our website.

oh gosh. thank you very much to all 3 of you.

and I apologize for going off topic.

@chas50: There are alternatives for Win 8.1. But it's a rather elaborate issue, and has nothing to do with VI Ravenscroft. I recommend that you start a separate thread regarding pops and clicks with the HP Envy notebook. It would be fair to both people interested in the VI Ravenscroft, and to those interested in troubleshooting laptop audio problems.

- Guru

Agree with AG that a seperate thread would be better re Win 8.1. In a past discussion research was cited that demonstrated lower latency in Win 8 than that achieved with Win 7 so there must an issue with you setup. As Steve suggested first download the free version of Cantabile x64 and see if that fixes the issues.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

thank you very much Markay.

will check it all out.

downloaded file from TK.

thought it was Ravenscroft v16 for flac file.

but I don't see a flac file.

hmmmmmmm.

still shows as a ufs file.

really just struggling now.

deleted the download.

starting all over.

misery.

Hey chas50, I have the same thing - downloaded it twice, still says ufs. Plus, the opened Ravenscroft still says V1.0. But the size of the ufs file is 5.8GB, so I'm assuming it's the update.

The instruction page link said "information not found." So, did anyone get a file from the update designated as "flac"? And does it show V16? Thanks.

thanks SK.

I feel so much better now.

I got a couple channel strip plug ins for recording with my DAW.

and thus have spent the day downloading software, updating iLok. everything has gone exceptionally well.

except this. the file extension says .ufs. just like the original files.

my new V16 Ravenscroft file is smaller than 5.8 Gb. more like maybe 5.3 Gb.

Hi all, the update was just converting libraries from uncompressed wave format to lossless compressed FLAC format. The True Keys and Ravenscroft software version numbers remain the same as we've not updated the instruments themselves. The V15, V16 indicates which installer version it is. True Keys V15 and Ravenscroft V16 are both the new FLAC versions of the libraries. And as many of you know, Mac OS and Windows report file sizes differently. Oddly, Mac OS uses base 10 to count while Windows and most anything else uses binary counting. The Ravenscroft275.ufs file installed from V16 should be 5.72GB on Mac and 5.32GB on Windows. As long as it loads and works in UVI Workstation, you're good to go.

Steve, all our website pages seem to be working. Can you specify exactly which page you saw "information not found"?

Please contact us via our contact page if you're missing download links or serials from your account. We've made some changes, and a few customers were missing links to previous libraries they purchased. And as a reminder, the sale ends tomorrow night at midnight, so now's the time if you don't have our pianos already!

Lance Herring

VI Labs, LLC

Thanks Lance! Yes, I was sure I'd downloaded/installed it right, but I didn't understand the version number or not seeing the "FLAC" file. So, you've answered both my questions - and nice update. It's all working fine.

To answer your question, the "READ THIS" in the downloaded installer folder provides an installation guide link which leads to "Information page not found."

Well I downloaded the FLAC versions, ran the installers and it all worked just fine. They take up way less real estate on my "samples" drive and all (Ravenscroft and all 3 TKs) load and play like the older versions. No clicks, no pops. Just Buttah

Lance replied to my email.

super support on a Sunday evening.

wow!!

thank you very much.

gotta bunch of stuff to check. buffer size. don't play all 4 mics at once.

try UVI in Cantabile. (I was trying to find Ravenscroft in Cantabile. no. open UVI in Cantabile.)

I downloaded and installed the FLAC version yesterday, but haven't used it yet other than to verify it loads in MachFive 3.

I'm doing piano tracking tonight so might give it a try to see if the FLAC causes more CPU usage or whether it pre-loads and imposes no cost.

At the moment though, I'm focusing on re-tracking Pianoteq parts, as the latest update has me once again in love with the product after it fell out of favor with the previous two "minor updates". The Yamaha YC5 in particular now sounds the most life-like of any virtual piano I own, and all of the major presets are reacting well throughout the entire MIDI dynamic range of 1 through 127.

The Ravenscroft has its own character, as an actual hardware acoustic piano, so I'm still going to be reaching for this one now and then. But I held off of buying the True Keys suite as I had already blown my money on other Black Friday sales and as the brand new Pianoteq update has me back to where I'm not really looking desperately for piano solutions at the moment. I had originally planned to purchase them this weekend though, but now I'm out of dough. :-)

For those who are interested in the VI Labs products, they're a great vendor, and I think the sale has been extended. It's a great time to buy any of their libraries.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• 2 weeks later...

wanted to post a quick note in this thread. will also post in the thread that I started. (just want to make sure that this gets seen by some of you.)

Lance hooked me up with a remote Teamviewer session.

my Ravenscroft works flawlessly now.

best customer support ever.

thanks Lance.

• 7 months later...

FYI, VI Labs Audio started their End of Summer Sale today.

The Ravenscroft 275 is $149, and True Keys pianos are $99 eachin other words, $50 off the normal price. The True Keys Pianos bundle is $249a savings of $100.

The sale lasts until Labor Day (9/7/15).

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

FYI, VI Labs Audio started their End of Summer Sale today.

The Ravenscroft 275 is $149, and True Keys pianos are $99 eachin other words, $50 off the normal price. The True Keys Pianos bundle is $249a savings of $100.

The sale lasts until Labor Day (9/7/15).

Best,

Geoff

Thanks for the heads-up..! Downloading..! I'll be running this on my Receptor Quattro.

Maybe this will help.

Some users have had better luck in Windows 8.1 by hosting UVI Workstation within a program like Cantabile or Main Stage, etc. instead of using the standalone UVI Workstation. However users that have good audio interfaces with stable ASIO drivers have reported no issues at all.

Any existing customer that doesn't have download links but wants the new version should contact ViLabs right away using the form on our website.

are you part of their company or are you quoting this from somewhere?

That's a "cut & paste" from their web site. I'm not a part of the company, but I was involved in the beta testing of Ravenscroft, and I made them an "audio demo" of me playing the product. I truthfully tell anyone who asks that I use (and love) it.

That's a "cut & paste" from their web site. I'm not a part of the company, but I was involved in the beta testing of Ravenscroft, and I made them an "audio demo" of me playing the product. I truthfully tell anyone who asks that I use (and love) it.

Did you pay full price for the product?

Did you pay full price for the product?

I haven't paid full price for anything in a long time. :laugh:

Alright, fine. :) But, did you pay the same discounted price that's being advertised at this time?

You know, in case you had gotten the product for free or at a huge discount in exchange for reviews, like people in the Amazon VINE program or who write review blogs etc.

It's also a legal obligation to state this alongside the reviews/posts should this be the case.

Archived