Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official MLB 2014 Thread

Geoff Grace

A little premature, maybe...but talk is already starting to bubble up around these parts hoping for another "I-70 Series".

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welp those poor Pirates. I knew Volquez would melt down on the big stage.

their hitters were flailing. MadBum had his way with them. Getting a quick 4 run lead is huge

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

The Nats are an excellent team. Early this yr, when they polled NL mgrs who would take the pennant , most managers picked the Nats.

Giants will have a challenge. Should be a great playoff

[70's Songwriter]

A little premature, maybe...

Talk around here since August is a Beltway World Series. Camden Yards to Nationals Park is only 38 miles.

There's also the possibility of a Freeway Series between the Dodgers and Angels. :cool:

Best,

Geoff

or a 405 parking lot series ;)

[70's Songwriter]

All I can say is UNBELIEVABLE !! :boing:

If someone told me we could come back from 5 runs down to the best pitcher in baseball (who very well might turn out to be the best pitcher of this decade) , in his own park and score 6 runs and knock him out...well, good thing I'm not a betting man.

Carpenter for Mayor of STL. :D

Rosenthal makes me nervous every time he takes the ball. I thought it was going to be another blown save but he muscled that last one past Puig.

I really did pick the Dodgers in this short series because our offense is usually so lame and inconsistent. A long way to go but at least we have one. What a game ! :2thu:

No doubt; it was a BIG comeback. Congrats to our Cardinals fans.

I think it's the Dodgers who have a long way to go now.

Best,

Geoff

I feel bad for all the Cardinals fans who got frustrated and tuned out early!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I feel bad for all the Cardinals fans who got frustrated and tuned out early!

they have no one to blame but themselves. Not enough faith in a team that got to the playoffs sucks. This isn't a regular season game.

:nopity:

What a game! Today's 18 inning contest between the Nationals and Giants was the longest game in postseason history (tied in innings and longest in time, at six hours and 23 minutes), and it was just one out away from being over in the ninth inning!

I feel sorry for Nationals fans who almost had it won at the end of nine, and then had to wait another nine innings to watch their team go down 0-2 to the Giants in the series. But it was quite an experience to watch.

Brandon Belt's HR in 18th lifts Giants to 2-0 NLDS lead over Nationals

Now if the Dodgers can tie their series with the Cardinals tonight, it'll be a great baseball day for this fan. :thu:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Thankfully, this time the Dodgers rose to the challenge after the Cardinals rallied in the 8th inning. It's still an uphill battle for LA; but now at least, they have a fighting chance.

http://www.geoffgrace.com/Pictures/Dodgers.jpg

GO DODGER BLUE!!! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

Well, this postseason sure isn't short on surprises! From ESPN:

Royals claim ALCS berth with sweep of regular-season-best Angels

The Angels, 98-64 in the regular season, became the second team in the divisional era that began in 1969 to have the best record in the majors and get swept out of the playoffs, STATS said. In no small coincidence, the Royals dealt the same humiliating fate to the New York Yankees in the 1980 ALCS.

Best,

Geoff

Well, this postseason sure isn't short on surprises!

don't think many would have bet on KC dispatching the Athletics and then sweeping the Angels.

Baltimore sweeping Detroit? Well, Baltimore clearly is the better team but a sweep?

If the Giants win today it will be the 3rd sweep in 2 days.

Surprising for sure.

Guess we'll see if Lackey proves trade worthy tonight. I haven't been knocked out with what I've seen so far. And Masterson..forget about it. :/

Guess I'm still a huge Alan Craig fan. Even though he had a miserable season with Boston after the trade, I think he'll bounce back next year. You just don't go from recently leading the league in slugging % with runners in scoring position to not even hitting your weight...especially at such such a young age. He was an RBI machine in '12 and '13.

Like I said-

Rosenthal makes me nervous every time he takes the ball.

He got it done but man, there's ALWAYS drama with him. :cry:

Kudos to Wong and Stan the Man reincarnated- Matt C. :2thu:

Lackey pitched a hell of a game. Great job ! If it were me, I would have left him in there.

I'm trying to be realistic here - it's comin' back to LA. I just can't see us beating him again tomorrow afternoon.

I do like our chances in game 5 with Wainwright.

Well, this postseason sure isn't short on surprises!

don't think many would have bet on KC dispatching the Athletics and then sweeping the Angels.

Baltimore sweeping Detroit? Well, Baltimore clearly is the better team but a sweep?

If the Giants win today it will be the 3rd sweep in 2 days.

Surprising for sure.

while the Giants did not sweep, they usually find a way , scratch and claw a win in the playoffs. Bochy is a svengali like manager.

Being a Giants fan, I find it satisfying that the dodgers are out of it

[70's Songwriter]

Just echoing the common phrase here when I say that this is yet another Giants team that doesn't look championship on paper, but somehow is getting it done in October. It was a beautiful night in San Francisco last night, with a full moon blazing down near the end of the game and tendrils of fog sweeping the city carried by a gentle October ocean breezes. When you live here, you start to take magical moments like this for granted, including, perhaps, another improbable Giants run at the crown.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

While I'm ecstatic we got past the Dodgers, I can't help but feeling sorry for Clayton. The kid's the best pitcher in baseball, Sandy Koufax + reincarnated. He'll probably take MVP as well as a no brainer for the Cy Young. If he can hold up, he's a shoo in for 300 wins.

It must've felt like the movie Ground Hog Day to him. We just have his number in the playoffs for some inexplicable reason. But it is luck too.

He strikes out the side in the 6th and goes into the 7th having allowed 1 hit. Those two hits prior to the Adams HR by Holiday & Peralta were within inches of reach. And then Adams was hitting .190 against LH pitching. Plus I think it was only the 3rd or fourth HR off Kershaw in his entire CAREER when he threw a breaking ball. Who can explain the strange goings on. It's just Baseball. ;)

Miller pitched an outstanding game. And Rosenthal almost gave me a heart attack once again. I know he's the setup guy, but I would have left Neshek in there after the 8th - he looked un-hittable !

We also benefitted, again, from some very questionable strike calls in the 9th. Dodgers had legitimate beefs on the calls to Justin Turner and Kemp the previous night.

Also, while I'm generally a Bill Plaschke , from the Times, fan- I think he takes a very negative angle and bashes the Dodgers any chance he gets. Especially Puig and Mattingly. I read his stuff everyday and I think he could ease up a bit. I know it doesn't sell as many papers, but they had a great season and just ran into plain bad luck more then anything. But yes, their middle relief pitcher quality does need addressing in the off season.

Guess I'll be watching the first part of the Cards & Giants series from our hotel in Poipu, Kauai. We're taking off for some well deserved R&R for my wife tomorrow. Hope they get the game over there.

Giants always give us fits ! Whatever happens, I'm glad we got this far. I definitely had picked the Dodgers over us . NLCS 4 years in a row !

Go Cards ! :boing:

Being a Giants fan, I find it satisfying that the dodgers are out of it

As a kid growing up in the Phoenix area during the '60s, the team I watched on my TV screen during the regular season was the Dodgers. But during spring training, the team I watched from the bleachers was the Giants; so while the Dodgers were my favorites, I was a fan of both teams.

Despite decades of living in LA as an adult, I still like the Giants; and I wish them well in the rest of the postseason.

Best,

Geoff

Guess I'll be watching the first part of the Cards & Giants series from our hotel in Poipu, Kauai. We're taking off for some well deserved R&R for my wife tomorrow. Hope they get the game over there.

Lucky you, Dave! Poipu is awsome. The vibe, though,if you haven't been there before, is mainland. No one says "Aloha" or "Mahalo" like on Ohau. You will most definately find baseball on the tube at your hotel.

Lucky you, Dave! Poipu is awsome. The vibe, though,if you haven't been there before, is mainland. No one says "Aloha" or "Mahalo" like on Ohau. You will most definately find baseball on the tube at your hotel.

I prefer Hanalei Bay and the north shore, mosquitos and all, but Poipu would do in a pinch!

Not a lot of angst in being a Cardinals fan. It's the playoffs every year.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

We've only been to Maui. Me, about a half dozen times for gigs, and her just once two years ago. Kauai is a first. I just want less people. Maui was incredible for her but too trafficy and way overcrowded in spots for both of us.

Weather shows rain everyday but hopefully showers just for a short time ? Wish I could bring my new bike...

Archived