Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT I wish they would mass produce these!

bluzeyone

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amen

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

WOW, That guitarist is so well beyond excellent. His playing captured and engrossed me. As he was playing I kept thinking..." great great playing, interpretation, ability to make what I never thought was the greatest music, sound great," Gravitas, comes to mind... like when Jaco played, or if Beethoven picked up a guitar for fun. I listened to what I thought was not a great composition ( Tommy Emmanuel ) "Imagine", as if played for the first time.. but brilliant conception of the tune, AND execution. I was saying.. I kept thinking.. this guy is great, but that guitar has to be $25,000 - 50,000 guitar... a regular guitar could not sound that good'!! But he says Martin guitar is the ticket!

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Glad u enjoyed it! I'm a Keyboard player but I've always loved the sound of a clean guitar. my father was a great guitar player so I'm sure that's where my passion for it comes from. I emulate the guitar quite a bit at gigs. it brings back nice memories for me.

I got turned on to this cat from a guitar player I play with in a gospel band. It's quite amazing how many great players I come by That want to volunteer their time for the Lord. I couldn't afford their caliber At a paying gig! Lol!

"A good mix is subjective to one's cilia." http://hitnmiss.yolasite.com

Glad u enjoyed it! I'm a Keyboard player but I've always loved the sound of a clean guitar. my father was a great guitar player so I'm sure that's where my passion for it comes from. I emulate the guitar quite a bit at gigs. it brings back nice memories for me.

I got turned on to this cat from a guitar player I play with in a gospel band. It's quite amazing how many great players I come by That want to volunteer their time for the Lord. I couldn't afford their caliber At a paying gig! Lol!

I have never been a guitar lover rare exceptions Segovia Benson, but Tommy's style/ Martin guitar, never meant much to me because I never heard a heavyweight playing it ( or I was too dumb to notice !! ) Well Tommy changed all that. He has deeply impressed me with his total commitment to guitar and playing a great show including a great degree of showmanship! he reminded me of a consummate actor as he played.. what a treat.

Thank you for this

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

that guitar has to be $25,000 - 50,000 guitar... a regular guitar could not sound that good'!! But he says Martin guitar is the ticket!

For live shows, he plays a guitar made by Maton - an Australian guitar maker (he's Aussie.. go figure!). http://www.tommyemmanuel.org/about/gear.asp

I first read about Maton in postings from Adam Rafferty, another excellent fingerstyle acoustic guitarist. His personal thought on the Maton models he likes is that they may not be the best purely unplugged, but sound great amplified - a nice guitar to take out to live shows where you'll be plugging in a lot - and save your precious Martin from a regular beating.

And yes, a lot of guitar players wish they were "mass produced" with Emmanuel's skills...

BTW, he's the first acoustic guitarist that I've heard of blowing up a PA speaker because of the intense bass coming out of his Martin (when he played live with a Martin). I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Hedges did the same back in the day.

Archived