Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Think I've found a use for the D-beam...

nadroj

The d-beam on the "new" Junos/VR-09/similar boards that people can't seem to find "real" uses for - why not use it to wake up neighbours/spouses/room mates?

I drifted off on my couch with my keyboard on the desk next to me (it's small so I like playing it on the desk). I forgot the board was still on and plugged into my speakers. Rolled over and stretched my arm out which triggered the D-beam, which was assigned to the "solo synth" setting. Those of you who have one will know how horrible this sounds. I think the the squeal my speaker made woke everyone in the flat (if not the building) up.

Lesson learned: turn all keyboards off as soon as I'm done with them - ESPECIALLY if they have a D-beam. I'll be having nightmares for weeks.

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even better, set it up so that someone else will trigger it. "Hey, could you grab that cable on the shelf for me?"

That is a FANTASTIC idea. I'll give that a shot. If it works, I'll upload video evidence. Like a musical version of those "screamer" videos floating around online.

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

Stand it on edge at the doorway and you have an alarm system....

"Think Pink Floyd are whiny old men? No Problem. Turn em off and enjoy the Miley Cyrus remix featuring Pitbull." - Cygnus64

Life is shorter than you think...make it count.

Believe it or not, I actually find the D-Beam on my JP50 useful at times. Keeps guitar players on their toes, too. Also planning

to teach the dog how to use it, as she's been progressing nicely at the keyboard.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

The solo synth d-beam thing is a total waste of time.... if anyone from Roland is reading: can we just take this one out behind the barn and shoot it guys?

Also think on this: d-beam or ribbon controller? You choose.

Roland Fantom G6, D-70, JP-8000, Juno-106, JV-1080, Moog Minitaur, Korg Volca Keys, Yamaha DX-7. TG33, Logic Pro, NI plugs, Arturia plugs etc etc

Believe it or not, I actually find the D-Beam on my JP50 useful at times. Keeps guitar players on their toes, too. Also planning to teach the dog how to use it, as she's been progressing nicely at the keyboard.

[video:youtube]

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

I've got one on my VR-760 and honestly, I've never used the thing.

Nord Stage 2 SW73, Kurzweil PC3LE7, Moog Sub 37, Alesis Ion, Rhodes Stage 73, Moog Werkstatt-01, Yamaha CP-300

-------------

Knock knock

Who's there?

Interrupting synthesizer

Interrup-MOOOOOOOOOG

Archived