Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I think I can safely say . . .

Scott Fraser

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember seeing those when they came out.

I'm surprised they- or other amp makers- haven't done more disguised appliances.

One of the snootier brands could make a wine chiller.

Or imagine an an amp head that is actually a toaster oven.

Oooooohhh- what about a Marshal Stack upright washer & dryer?

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Back in the day, when people actually used to buy such things, some buddies and me came up with the idea to have STEREO SPEAKERS that resembled Marshall, Kustom or Fender amps. WE would have done it if we had the capital.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Never liked Marshall amps that much my Fridge needs to be a Fender Fridge. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC_banger.gifhttp://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC-hysterical.gif

And mine would be filled with wine, red wine. Never liked beer.

Although I did work at the Bud plant in Jax Fl. As a tile setter, one of the best jobs I ever had in construction.

Never liked Marshall amps that much my Fridge needs to be a Fender Fridge.

I'd want mine to be the Vox Super Beatle refrigerator. Lousy amp, but the right size & shape to be a fridge. Plus it was my amp when I was in high school.

And mine would be filled with wine, red wine.

You chill your red wine? Ewww!

Never liked beer.

Although I did work at the Bud plant in Jax Fl. As a tile setter, one of the best jobs I ever had in construction.

I'm sorry, you mentioned beer, then Bud, as though it was part of the same thing, i.e. a beer. It's not, doesn't qualify. To legally be a beer something has to at least taste like beer.

Scott Fraser

I don't chill my red wine,(or white), but I try to keep it on the cool side. Usually kept in the basement.

Can't stand it when in a bar, I'll ask for a glass of wine, and they serve it with ICE! I've learned to ask for it sans ice since then, but they look at you funny.

And since Budweiser is still one of the top selling brands, you apparently are one of the few who THINK they know what beer is supposed to taste like. Of course, Bud's an American beer. And when it comes to ANY American beer, taste is never a factor.

Whitefang

I put my red wine in the refrigerator, I live in a place where it gets 110*F to 115*F every single day of the 5 months of summer. Any chilling I can get is good chilling.

Fang, I never liked the taste of beer, not ever. It is bitter, (even the foreign beers I have tried) it has a ton of calories. I only drink the red wine because of it's antioxidant properties, and the alcohol content, I don't like the taste of that either.

As for Bud, I love those guys, not for their beer, but because working there in the Jax plant, I made a ton of money for doing very little hard work. It is the only construction job I ever worked on that I looked foreword to going to work every day. (Well that and doing stone masonry work in Lake Tahoe area)

And for you wine and beer connoisseurs, I want you to know I drink my wine from paper cups so I don't have to wash the glasses. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC_banger.gifhttp://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC-hysterical.gif Gettin the alcohol/antioxidants in is my only reason for drinking it, I really do not care for the taste at all. I have to force it down warm or cold, don't matter to me.

It is bitter, (even the foreign beers I have tried) it has a ton of calories.

FWIW, I drink all kinds of alcoholic beverages, but didn't find a beer I liked until my mid-20s. Then I discovered Shiner, Dragon Stout, Chimay and others.

Speaking of Chimay, you might give the Belgian lambic beers a try. They use flavorings beyond the hops that give most beers their bitterness. Common flavoring additives are fruits and even some veggies.

Lindeman's, for instance, specializes in very fruity, relatively low alcohol content beers. When they put raspberries, cherries, peaches, etc. on their labels, what you will taste is that fruit, in kind of a sweet/sour liquid form. It is almost like a soft drink for adults. If you look, you can even find it in small bottles.

There is also a weak dark Russian beer type called "kvass". It is made, as I recall, from fermented cinnamon/raisin bread. It looks & tastes amazingly like Dr. Pepper.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

I really do not like alcoholic beverages, nor their effect on me, except for a little bit of wine. Never more than 8 oz in any day, and I only drink that because it is a retardant to Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia/memory loss. I also drink caffeinated coffee for the same reason. Lately I have been suffering from acid reflux so I won't even drink the wine until I get a handle on that.

But in any case I was never an alcohol drinker, I preferred other things back in the hippy daze. Believe me I tried to like it, over and over, but I could never really enjoy it.

Well, Danny, I'm not a beer drinker, either.

But when I do, I drink Dos Eqquis!(sic)

No joke.

But as far as wine goes, I prefer reds. Nothing to do with antioxidents or such. Just flavor. the only whites I like are the sparkling Asti's, leibfraumilch, and reisling. Everybody I know who drinks wine just LOVE chardonnay. I think it has more to do with the NAME than anything else, 'cause it tastes gosh-awful! But they DO make electric wine coolers, so the practice must be acceptable. And I'd like to cool mine in a "tuck and roll" Kustom amp reproduction fridge!

Whitefang

I`m not a wine guy either but prefer reds.

The main thing about (red) wine is, don`t need a cooler.

You can take it anywhere.

It`s easier on the voice, if you`re singing. I don`t like to drink before regular gigs but if it`s a jam, what the heck. But I still need my voice.

I`ve never exactly been allergic to alcohol but Japan-well the way I put it is, if Japan runs out of energy that`s bad. If the alcohol runs out...it`s time to run out. It`s what keeps this society`s wheels on the track.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

I like red cabernet at room temp and white chenin blanc cold, if I drink wine. Red wine does give me more acid reflux problems. I prefer beer over wine and have no problem with the taste of regular Coors (not Coors Light). If they don't have regular Coors, I'll take a Corona. For whiskey, I like Jack Daniels, straight, on the rocks, in coffee or with diet coke zero (On St. Paddy's day I prefer me Irish Whiskey). Limit is two drinks a day, at home or out on the town as recommended by my doctors.
Take care, Larryz

If I was not struggling with acid reflux, I would drink red wine Merlot from Charles Shaw they call it two buck Chuck out here although once it crosses the California border to Arizona it becomes three buck Chuck.

We also like Liebfraumilch around here. But the GERD (Acid Reflux) has me abstaining till I get that under control.

I like red cabernet at room temp and white chenin blanc cold, if I drink wine. Red wine does give me more acid reflux problems. I prefer beer over wine and have no problem with the taste of regular Coors (not Coors Light). If they don't have regular Coors, I'll take a Corona. For whiskey, I like Jack Daniels, straight, on the rocks, in coffee or with diet coke zero (On St. Paddy's day I prefer me Irish Whiskey). Limit is two drinks a day, at home or out on the town as recommended by my doctors.

Ya I`m not really a whisky guy either but you may have noticed the spelling-there`s a seminar I go to every year with some pretty legendary after hours parties. For that event I have taken to choosing a good single malt. Mix that with anything and they send people to make you disappear.

Ya I`m not really a whisky guy either but you may have noticed the spelling-there`s a seminar I go to every year with some pretty legendary after hours parties. For that event I have taken to choosing a good single malt. Mix that with anything and they send people to make you disappear.

Yep, them single malt expensive guys never mix it with anything and I love it that way too...It took a long time before I would ever consider a Jack and Coke, but must admit it tastes better than cheap whiskey!

Take care, Larryz

Beer & wine's all fine, but single malt Scottish whisky is my main thing.

Scott Fraser

But they DO make electric wine coolers, so the practice must be acceptable.

For white wine. General practice is that reds are not chilled.

Yes and no.

Technically, reds are supposed to be served "1-5 degrees below room temperature" was what the old European texts said. But that is just non-quantifiably vague. It's a standard that arose from a time when most fine wines were owned by people who actually had real, subterranean wine cellars, where temps could drop into the mid-40s. Whites, you'd serve immediately, while reds you'd allow to warm a bit.

In reality, modern guides tell you reds should be served between 55-65deg F- a temp that usually requires a bit of chilling, but not a lot of time in the fridge. That's why chillers were invented for the modern wine drinkers- they can keep a wine at optimal temperature in a convenient receptacle.

And the chilling, besides making the wine a little more refreshing, also sometimes serves to take the edge off of some of the bitterness delivered by certain ingredients.

http://www.bettertastingwine.com/temperature.html

Beer & wine's all fine, but single malt Scottish whisky is my main thing.

It is truly awesome stuff but not really a party drink, to my mind. It kinda demands a certain amount of focus, otherwise it`s a waste. Good for quiet chats with jazz in the background.

Archived