Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Did I do the right thing?

Eric Jx

There has been some developments that have somewhat vindicated my position....

I think we can safely say that this manager really never had the intention of cultivating a mutually beneficial relationship with us.

The most useful tool in any musician's arsenal is intuition. :thu:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as we'd like to think that the bar owners have good business sense, as do the band leaders, when circumstances like this arise that just scream out to you, you have to remember Occum's Razor. Occum's Razor states that the simplest explanation is usually right. The simplest explanation is that the bar owner took advantage of your (not you, your band representative) eagerness to play and the opportunity to get free entertainment.

You're right, they're wrong. Done.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Occam's Razor.

But, yes.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Occam's Razor.

What brand of shaving cream should be used with this?

:laugh:

I would assume this one.

http://static.tumblr.com/y3px11k/zkSlnbn3q/osc_masthead.png

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Last night, the drummer gets a txt from the venue manager (the same guy who blew him off the night before). It read "so I guess your not playing tomorrow night"

The drummer replied "No, I apologize I couldn't get all the guys to play for free even though I know you have made thousands".

It's the truth too.

Last night, the drummer gets a txt from the venue manager (the same guy who blew him off the night before). It read "so I guess your not playing tomorrow night"

I would have called him out on his misuse of "your".

Stuff and things.

:laugh:

What a d!ck (the venue manager). He blows you off and then acts like you didn't do something. :rolleyes:

It sounds like the email you sent had the desired effect. The drummer showed he has a pair and stood up to the dick manager.

Good for him, and better for your band.

Getting OT, why is it So Hard to know the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

The drummer got there at the agreed upon time, and was told that the manager was in the basement working on something and would be up soon. A half hour later he was told the manager is still busy and they couldn't tell him when he'd be up but he was welcome to wait. The drummer left.

I think we can safely say that this manager really never had the intention of cultivating a mutually beneficial relationship with us.

Again... A typical club manager/owner story. The musician goes down to the club to negotiate a fair deal, and the asshole manager is in the basement ignoring the musician's good intention. He is probably getting %{#}%}^ by one of his barmaids and laughing his head off at the musician waiting for him.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

A half hour later he was told the manager is still busy and they couldn't tell him when he'd be up but he was welcome to wait.

He is probably getting %{#}%}^ by one of his barmaids and laughing his head off at the musician waiting for him.

If that was the case it wouldn't have taken 30 minutes. He'd be up in 90 seconds. ;)

Archived