Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The official 2012 NCAAMBT thread.

RABid

Wow. 2 nice comebacks last night. I gave up on Western KY and then found out later they came back for a win. I watched the entire first half thinking "Boy, the president and prime minister picked a sucky game to watch." The last 4 minutes turned out to be entertaining.

Then turned on ESPN radio while getting ready this morning. The lead-in - "One of the biggest come backs in turnament history." Then they started talking about BYU. I was confused for a moment.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched enough of the Iona game to be assured that the Gaels had it in the bag...

And in Syracuse news, the absence of Fab Melo is a death sentence, no doubt. Just sucks. What a year this team had.

If you haven't seen much 'Cuse this year, it is impossible to overstate how much his influence exceeds his stats. He's a demon running the floor at 7', alters way more shots than he blocks, and is a really agile last line of defense in an aggressive 2-3 zone that loves to trap on the wings.

'Cuse is still a deep and balanced team, but they have no shot to go all the way without him; with him, I think they had a shot.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

My bracket too is busted to hell though I haven't lost a final four team yet.

Friday was just a classic day, though. It had been 11 years since a 15 -2 upset.

The 16 - 1 upset is inevitable someday--almost my Orangemen on Thursday! Eeek! Nice recovery against KSt today, though.

It would be awesome if both Kentucky and Louisville met in the Final Four, just because of the absolute sh!t storm it would create here (I live in KY). The rivalry is more heated than the Yankees vs. the Red Sox.

Lots of upsets so far. My bracket is fubar.

Oh, I don't mind if Louisville wins a national championship, ... as long as Pitino is not coaching when it happens. The &$^#^% traitor *% thinks he's god of basketball *^%*# needs to go back to the NBA and fail again at that level *&%@.

Ummmm. What were we talking about? I think I blacked out for a moment.

It would be awesome if both Kentucky and Louisville met in the Final Four, just because of the absolute sh!t storm it would create here (I live in KY). The rivalry is more heated than the Yankees vs. the Red Sox.

Lots of upsets so far. My bracket is fubar.

Oh, I don't mind if Louisville wins a national championship, ... as long as Pitino is not coaching when it happens. The &$^#^% traitor *% thinks he's god of basketball *^%*# needs to go back to the NBA and fail again at that level *&%@.

Ummmm. What were we talking about? I think I blacked out for a moment.

I'm not big on Pitino either, but I went to Louisville, so I have to represent. That means I'm also supposed to automatically hate UK (Kentucky) with every fiber of my being. I'm not even much of a college b-ball fan, honestly, but it would be exciting if they met in the Final Four. The whole state would probably shut down. It'd be a bigger deal than if we found out bourbon cures cancer. People are absolutely nuts about college sports around here. I've literally seen people get into fist fights simply because one guy was wearing a Louisville shirt and the other guy was wearing a UK shirt.

It's possible, although a bit of a long shot, at least for Louisville. UK is likely Final Four bound anyway.

I feel your pain re: Louisville and UK because I have my own. I am a UK alum but also an IU grad. The end of the week will be excruciating. Before the current UK/U of L rivalry heated up (fueled by the obviously conscienceless Pitino) there were Joe Hall's 'Cats and Bob Knight's Hoosiers. I'm glad to see IU back again but I wish they didn't have to meet in the same division so early. I would love to see a UK/IU final four meeting. Throw in Duke and UNC and it will be just like the old days (recalled with hazy nostalgia)

Quiet Big 10 Renaissance? I was pulling for Purdue 'cause I generally loathe the NBA prep school vibe of Kansas and NC in particular, and UCONN to a lightly lesser degree.

I am in a cash pool that I very nearly won last year--if the most likely scenarios had prevailed from Elite 8 on, I would've walked away with it. But they didn't. Ohio St. killed me most of all.

This year, I am already eliminated, as several other participants have my Final Four and have lost significantly fewer branches along the way.

So all there is to do is to root for 'Cuse. Love to see them get by Wisconsin and bring up that likely meeting with Ohio St. No disrespect intended to a tough Cincy team that knocked 'Cuse out of the BE tournament and has been playing well since.

I think the BE team to watch this year is Marquette, the team that, geographically, shows us how BIG the EAST really is...

I'm not big on Pitino either, but I went to Louisville, so I have to represent. ...

I went to Speed. Does that count? I was never really sure. Especially since some of my classmates had both a Speed advisor and a UL advisor. Anyway, I lived in Louisville for a few years as a full time musician and still go to Far Out for most of my keyboard purchases. The band I was in at the time had a mix of UK, UL and IU fans. Louisville is a torn city when it comes to college basketball.

Right on! I go to Far Out for everything, even though it's not really that close to where I live right now. Robert in the keyboard department is the man. They always have a great selection there, not just the typical stuff you'd find at Guitar Center. I try to support that place as much as possible, because there aren't many stores like it left in existence.

Louisville is definitely torn when it comes to college sports, but my impression is that even in Louisville, UK fans are the majority, probably because they've traditionally been the better sports school. Anywhere else in KY, just about everyone supports Big Blue. I can't say I know any IU fans, but it's close enough, so I suppose they're there.

All my final 4 are still in it. 7 of my elite 8 are still in. But only 9 of my sweet 16. I don't have chance. I am 815th out of 1547 in our pool.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Well, Syracuse has already exceeded my expctations for them since Melo was declared ineligible...which is convenient, 'cause I thnk they could have a very tough time with Ohio St. today.

But man it would be awesome to make the Final Four. What a year that would be for me as a Sports fan. I am a pretty omnivorous fan but there are only two teams I live and die with: Syracuse and the NYG. In '87 the Giants won their first Super Bowl, and months later SU made it to their first Final Four, falling in the finals to Indiana on the Keith Smart shot (which followed an agonizing string of missed SU free throws). That was easily the worst loss of my sports fan life, and it is has held that title without serious threat ever since.

This thread has been lonely but I am giving it one last bump. ...

GO BIG BLUE!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/523143_10150710051034581_57835779580_9264255_1977337158_n.jpg

They won it with defense and without arrogance. I'm proud of them.

The NY Yankees and their fans are excited.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Congrats, Rabid. It is hard to find too many UK sympathizers out there (or UNC for that matter) but for an NBA pit-stop crew, I have to concede they were a likeable unselfish group. It was just so funny how much bigger and stronger they were at every position.

Kansas has a couple of possessions down the stretch where they could have turned up the heat...and they literally fumbled the ball away each time. That sucked!

It was a pretty good tournament in all. I'll take the Syracuse Elite 8 appearance and be happy, knowing also that the outcome of that Ohio St. game might well have been different had Fab Melo been there. Syracuse has bright prospects next year, but they are starting in new conference which pisses me off to no end.

Alright, cheers UK! Last three champs: Duke, UCONN, UK. Yikes.

Archived