Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rust never sleeps

mate stubb

Holy crap. I rehearsed last night with a bass player and drummer for a new project. Rehearsed is kind of a strong word - it was more of a "getting to know you" jam they were having that I horned in on.

Man, am I ever rusty! We have visions of doing a jazz funk instrumental thing with some semi-advanced (mostly organ) stuff - MMW, Galactic, Soullive, etc.

Gotta get our act together before we bring in this really good jazz guitarist. It's been 7 years since I played regularly with anyone, and 15 years since I had a regularly gigging band. I've got a lot of work to do. It's probably good that I get back in now, because I've dug myself a big hole with all this inactivity.

Should have listened to Dell Paxton.

Moe

---

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moe, rust is real. But, it won't take very long to shake it off. No need to break out a can of Rust-o-leum. :laugh:

Most "jams" come down to noodling or wanking in the same key. Instead, pick a tune everybody knows in order to see how the band falls into a groove i.e. gels.

That project would be a great way to break out your new toys. Good luck in shaking off the hydrated ferric oxide mayne. :thu::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Yeah, we did a lot of staring at each other trying to figure out what to do. 5 tunes are on the agenda for next time, including this hot little number:

[video:youtube]

To skip the guitar wanking and go straight to the organ wanking, visit 2:48

Moe

---

Yeah, we did a lot of staring at each other trying to figure out what to do. 5 tunes are on the agenda for next time, including this hot little number:

[video:youtube]

To skip the guitar wanking and go straight to the organ wanking, visit 2:48

Hey Moe, you guys should check out Hottentot:

:thu:

Archived