Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

American Idol 2012

stepay

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guess no one is watching this year. Weird too since they booted that guy. Lots of internet chatter about it though as many people thought he'd be challenging for the win. I think there's something we don't know as to why he was booted. Oh well.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

I'm watching, too early to really comment though. I do love how weepy they get with the group challenge. I mean come on, you're all singers and it's THAT stressful getting down one song in 24 hours? Get a grip.
Steinway L, Yamaha Motif XS-8, NE3 73, Casio PX-5S, iPad, EV ZLX 12-P ZZ(x2), bunch of PA stuff.

Haven't been interested. Not interested. Won't be interested.

My wife watches The Voice and it interests me slightly more - I won't turn it on myself, but if I find myself in a room where it is on, I don't get up and leave. The judges did a Prince medley that my wife made me watch yesterday - a good job by all and the band was absolutely nailing it.

Moe

---

I didn't have any intention of watching The Voice for the first season, until I spotted a singer we're fans of in the promos. Watching it for him, we discovered that the show was very positive, no showing lousy performers for a laugh nor chicks that were all body and no... voice, and the judges were a lot of fun. They interact, tease each other, good-naturedly compete, etc.

We've been watching it this year (the DVR is already set to record the show) and while we don't have as much "invested" as last season, we're still having fun watching.

Meanwhile, I can't get past the horrid theme song of American Idol.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Too early. Saw 2 numbers last week and the girls were good but the guys doing "Jailhouse Rock" really weren't. Weren't aided by the band's lame arrangement either. Then I found out (just now) they still have 42 competing and won't be down to 12 for another 2 weeks. Wake me up in April :).

I'm officially done with Idol. Watched it for several years but lost interest last year with the new judges and with the tired, been-there-done-that approach to the tryout shows. ("Hey, look! This person thinks they're a great singer but they're really a freakshow! Ain't that funny!?!?") I tried to tune back in last year during the finals, but no one excited me in the least.

This year, I haven't tuned in once. Just no interest.

I'm giving The Voice a bit of attention. Much better show than Idol, IMHO.

Noah

Well, they are going to bring back one guy (of 4 choices) and make the guys a top 13 instead of top 12. Johnny Keyser is one of the 4 they are considering bringing back, and man it really should be that guy. I think he pissed someone off somehow, but it was a BIG mistake to cut that guy.

Will find out on Tuesday.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

I enjoyed watching (on and off) The X Factor this last season.

Though, my beef with any of these shows is that the judges - once they've turned voting over to the public - run out of positive things to say really quick because they're exaggerating so much.

There are some great singers out there, no doubt, but few deserving of such extreme praise. For once, I'd like them to just say, "Yeah, it was good. Way to go!", rather than try to outdo each other with flowery accolades.

Of the 4 that they are talking about bringing back, I think Johnny should be the one. The tall guy with the deep voice, I don't think it should be him, and the cowboy deserved to get cut. The young kid trying to be Michael Jackson is good, but he's not original enough. The fact that Johnny was cut early, and he's considered as one to bring back, I think it will be him.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Archived