Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I thought I had every Boston Album.

CEB

Searched YouTube for Smokin. I do a stupid waste of space organ solo in ZZ Top's LaGrange because the band likes it. I woke up this morning and decided we could the do the organ break from Smokin in that space .... oops drifted in my own thread. :laugh:

I see this video in my search. I don't have it. I thought I had them all. I don't know how this one got past me... especially in 1977 when I was single and bought lots of records. It was NOT like Boston did hundreds of albums.

[video:youtube]

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you have Walk On and Corporate America? I lost track after Third Stage. Despite the gaps, those first three go together nicely. I haven't heard anything else.

Rest in peace, Brad Delp.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I have Walk On, but not Corporate America. That is another one I didn't know about.

It looks like wiki doesn't know about this live album either. Maybe it is fake.

LOL pretty much.

That is why Tom only did one every 10 years.

I do a stupid waste of space organ solo in ZZ Top's LaGrange because the band likes it. I woke up this morning and decided we could the do the organ break from Smokin in that space ....

Funny, I often throw in bits of "Foreplay" for my solo in "La Grange." But "Smokin'" is a nice idea too. Mind if I steal it? ;)

I do a stupid waste of space organ solo in ZZ Top's LaGrange because the band likes it. I woke up this morning and decided we could the do the organ break from Smokin in that space ....

Funny, I often throw in bits of "Foreplay" for my solo in "La Grange." But "Smokin'" is a nice idea too. Mind if I steal it? ;)

No go ahead. I solo at the end where it plays out in A. Same key and close to the same groove as Smokin.

No go ahead. I solo at the end where it plays out in A. Same key and close to the same groove as Smokin.

That's a pretty cool idea... Wish I'd thought of that back in the day when I played both of those tunes. Have fun with that!

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Archived