Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

post your music for honest feedback

Phil W

If you want be confused, here's a few X-mas bastardations we recored over the years, sung in Finnish, naturally:

Jingle Bells

Varpunen Jouluaamuna (A Sparrow On Christmas Morning) Translation of the lyrics here. This one was a serious take, as the song is really special, and not your typical cheerful X-mas carol.

Kilisee kilisee kulkunen (~ringing sleighbells).

-P

(up to 200 characters) You may use UBBCode in your signature.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May as well ask all ya'll what you think.

Tom, the link takes me to a Quicktime page and the video is not found.

Wally

Had the same problem. The link was to YouTube's mobile site, which is a little weird to access from a desktop. Check out this page:

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

If you want be confused, here's a few X-mas bastardations we recored over the years, sung in Finnish, naturally:

Jingle Bells

Just when I was starting to frown and wonder if I'd clicked the correct link ... I started to frown and wonder if I'd clicked the correct link :grin:

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm Marcello and I am a bass player.

I just wanted to let you know that my new song is online and I'm glad to share it with you! It is an international project, I've recorded the song with some american and georgian musicians and friends:

Venzella Joy Williams on drums;

Olajide Paris on guitar and horn arrangements;

Levan Kemularia on trumpet;

Reso Kiknadze on tenor & soprano saxophone

Federico Lamura on guitar

Guitar and horns have been recorded in Tbilisi (Georgia), drums in Buffalo (NY) and my bass and second guitar in Milan (Italy).

You can take a listen to the song on YouTube:

Please feel free to share it with your friends and let me know your thoughts people!

Cheers! :)

www.facebook.com/marcellolavorgnamusic

www.twitter.com/marcellobass

www.youtube.com/user/marcellolavorgna

www.soundcloud.com/marcellolavorgnamusic

As mentioned in this thread I have joined the drummer and one of the guitarists of my blues band in a new band. No name yet, and no repertoire to speak of.

Here is the second part of our rendition of Matt Scofield's "Heart Don't Need A Compass". Bit funky, and I do not fully do the bass line justice - yet. This is half the song, starting from the drum solo and with a good few clams :) We're finding our way, I guess.

Sound is distorted on all three tracks cos I left the Zoom filter on Medium ...

Heart Don't Need A Compass

This is a Robben Ford tune, and like with most shuffles I do not intend to ever play it the same way twice :) I feel this one needs work (especially the bass)

Cannonball Shuffle

And a Cissy Strut jam:

Cissy Strut

Again, not perfect by a long shot, but we are getting a feel for the band. I already hear several things I need to work on (like note length :) ) but I think we will grow as a band.

Thanks for posting that.

It seemed to get better and better as it went along.

Welcome to forum and join in on the conversations.

Thanks jeremy!!! Much appreciated! :)

Anyone else listened to the song?

www.facebook.com/marcellolavorgnamusic

www.twitter.com/marcellobass

www.youtube.com/user/marcellolavorgna

www.soundcloud.com/marcellolavorgnamusic

You can take a listen to the song on YouTube:

Please feel free to share it with your friends and let me know your thoughts people!

Cheers! :)

It certainly went to some interesting places! Loved your solo. Overall, it sounded a bit distorted, which I hope is due to my crappy headset? But I quite liked it!

[edit]

I cannot seem to edit my previous post anymore, but I deleted those links and have replaced them with these:

Cannonball Shuffle

Heart Don't Need A Compass

Cissy Strut

Tune Partners

Pardon my clam on "Cannonball Shuffle" :)

With the exception of "Heart Don't Need A Compass" there are all instrumental tunes to begin with. This is our "backing track" arrangement - meaning we are looking for an additional keys (and maybe guitar) player, and are now rehearsing the songs to get the structure ingrained in our DNA. We figure if you can play a song without vocals, you can play it with vocals, too :) And the same goes for solo's and leads :)

• 4 weeks later...

:cool: What's up old s'kool Funkateers? Bootzilla baby. Marcus Miller...even Nathan East. Takin' it back to the days of da' P-Funk and even some Larry Graham. Thumbin' and Popin' before it went B Cubed........

The good old days and now I'm 53 but the groove is still alive in my heart so I play.........

..........here's a throwback track I wrote and produced and posted it on You Tube. Back when bass ruled the air waves. Hope You Enjoy :cool:

[video:youtube]

"Life Is Just A Game And They're Many Ways To Play...All You Do Is Choose." SC 1976

Fantom, XP 80, DX7 IIFD w/"E", Ensoniq ESQ 1, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Roland S 10, Korg Triton LE with EXB, GEM RP2

More of the solo stuff. No overdubs, guitar and vocals recorded in one pass. On one track I used the Behr*** Ultrafex Pro. Which one is it, and/or which track sounds better to you? All other knobs where kept the same. Yes, I know. Two different songs so i'm asking you to compare apples to oranges. But I'm curious nonetheless.

https://soundcloud.com/paul-kempkes/no-such-thing-3-16-13

https://soundcloud.com/paul-kempkes/thunder-road-3-16-13

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

For the two takers of the Behringer Challenge:

The first of the two listed, "No Such Thing" was the one recorded without the exciter/enhancer/bass processor/surround processor thingy.

Me? I like what it does to the guitar. It's kinda like a chorus or flange effect but without the swirly. I like it, not that it's better or worse; just different. I've no opinion on what it does to vocals, pro or con. When I used the Aphex pedal on bass, I liked what it sounded like in my studio but the effect got lost in a band context. No one could tell when it was engaged or not. And it was apparent that the band mates really could not care less either way. As such, it got jettisoned in the interest of simplicity since my amp has an XLR direct out.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

I've managed to remember my decade old password and re-join the forum. I'll be perusing through the links and posts, hopefully enjoying some new music, and giving feedback. This, is my offering. Don't take it easy on me.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU3Mjhk7UgA

(p.s. There is no amazing technicality or anything special that I'm playing. Just some metal.

Welcome back mr. blackbass.

Your playing is good in the video.

All the strobe-type stuff in the video gave me a headache.

:cry:

If your singer is not singing through a vocoder, within a year or so he's going to need an operation to remove nodes from his vocal chords. And maybe a chiropractor to fixed his wrenched neck from waving his head around.

Thanks! The strobe was actually an Android smart phone.

About our singer... We have told him this. I actually have classical and operatic vocal training (completely useless in my line of music) and I've attempted to work with him on this. He is a stubborn man though.

blackbass, totally love it :thu: I disagree about operatic vocals being useless in this line of music, but you'd have to be female :grin:

Not sure about the vocals - some people seem to have a natural talent for this type of singing. I get hoarse after trying it for a few seconds so I definitely have the wrong technique down.