Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mis Heard Lyrics

StanC

My misunderstood lyric is nowhere else, apparently I own this one. I thought that Eric Clapton's, "Forever Man" was " Four Level Man". The band I was with at the time thought that so strange that they redid the chorus vocals as: "Level man, Level man; four level man".

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Young man, there's no need to feel down, I said

Young Man, pick yourself off the ground, I said

Young Man, is your underwear brown.........."

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

And then there's clowns like Joe Walsh who has been known to change the lyrics to his songs:

I have a limo, ride in the trunk

I lock the doors in case I get drunk

I go to parties sometimes until four

It's hard to leave when you can't find some more

The band was learning Led Zep's Whole Lotta Love, when it was new, and I was insistent that the first line sounded like, "You need cool air" instead of "...coolin' ". To this day, I will occasionally get teased about any lyric with, "And Baby I'm not fool air." Yeah, I'm playing with the same guys from high school but we're tight.

Kurzweil PC4

A little OT but funny. we were learning the tune Heaven by Los Lobos some years ago (B4 YouTube). But none of us could understand or speak Spanish so we could not get the correct wording for the bridge part at around 2:17 of this video
So the singer substituted the following:

Who keeps passing out the jell-o? Ketchup makes a nasty stool! :D:D

Any Spanish speaking folks here? I can see the words in the video, but what is the translation?

Here is my understanding of what it is:

Tu que estas en alto cielo [you that's in a higher place]

hechame tu bendicion [send me down a blessing]

Blinded by the light.

Wrecked up like a douche in the middle of the night.

i thought that for years until i heard an alternate version. Thought it was grossly odd and funny.

The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.

"He was blinded by the light . . . . wrapped up like a *douche*, another runner in the night."

:)

Lol, i just posted a version of that. That's what i though it was for at least 20 yrs.

The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.

Deleted

Posted the same damn thing when this thread started.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I used to think that "Paperback Writer" was "It's a bad Chrysler". Honest.

An old girlfriend of mine thought it was "take the back right turn." :laugh:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Probably the most misconstrued lyric of all time...

At the end of the Beatles "I Am The Walrus":

"Got one, got one, everybody's got one".

I heard it as...

"Smoke pot, smoke pot, everybody smoke pot."

... as did a hell of a lot of other people back in the day. Goes to show you where my head was at back then... and sometimes even now!

Kurzweil PC3, Yamaha MOX8, Alesis Ion, Kawai K3M

As long as we're talking about Beatles songs, I wasn't sure what they were saying at the end of the "Hello, Goodbye" song. Sounded like "heylah, heylah, helloah, up chuck up chuck..."
When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Until I read the lyrics 10 years ago for 'What A Wonderful World', instead of '...and the dark, sacred night' I always heard '...and the dogs say goodnight'. I STILL hear that! :)

me too for sure. :)

Eagles Take it Easy

4 that wanna stone me (but I hear: "pour some water on me").

and I think the aforementioned substitute lyric for Tiny Dancer (such an awesome song):

"hold me closer Tony Danza", has to be right up there with the cleverest rewrites I've ever heard. :)

Holy crap, I thought it was "douche" until this very minute. I had always wondered how they got away with it.

Similarly, I always thought the chorus to Benny and the Jets included the line "She's got electric boobs."

Last confession: I probably thought for 30 years that Clapton's "After Midnight" was "Captain Midnight."

"He was blinded by the light . . . . wrapped up like a *douche*, another runner in the night."

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

A little OT but funny. we were learning the tune Heaven by Los Lobos some years ago (B4 YouTube). But none of us could understand or speak Spanish so we could not get the correct wording for the bridge part at around 2:17 of this video
So the singer substituted the following:

Who keeps passing out the jell-o? Ketchup makes a nasty stool! :D:D

Any Spanish speaking folks here? I can see the words in the video, but what is the translation?

Here is my understanding of what it is:

Tu que estas en alto cielo [you that's in a higher place]

hechame tu bendicion [send me down a blessing]

When I recorded this song for a demo, I couldn't figure it out so my substitute was

"I'm no rich bandito, It's Taco Bell or Cheetos"

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Archived