Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond M3 & 147, good deal?

DanS

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UMmm . . . I'ts $750 for the leslie and $400 for the organ. The $100 was only the teaser to get you to the ad, to find out that the leslie connector kit is $100.

$1,150 for an M3/147? That sounds WAY high to me.

You can buy $750 Leslies all day long and twice on sunday. For $400, you can buy a full size console (Model A, BV, D or other early model Hammond).

Then again, I really can't speak for the market in Montreal, so maybe it's a different animal.

Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

An ogre with dyslexia?

$100 would be reasonable for an M3, though you can find them for less. $750 seems reasonable for a working 147.

In any case, if you find a Leslie for $100, don't ask us, go pick it up. If it's real, it won't last long enough for you to get an answer here!

It's the French word for organ, of course. But you find a lot of ogres around here instead.

$400 for an M3 also seems very unreasonable - I'm sure you can haggle it down to around $200.

A lot of people in MTL seem to be selling their old organs, not buying them. They'll just be happy to get it out of the house. If you're looking for a Leslie, seems like the $750 pricing is decent.

~ Sean

Juno-60, Juno-G, MicroBrute, MS-20 Mini, PX-5S, R3, etc.

Archived