Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Check one off the bucket list!

mcgoo

I love the performance outfit for the orch: black shirt. :thu::thu::thu::thu: Soooo comfy compared to the penguin suit.

You shoulda seen the dress code instructions- they were hilarious. It was a mile long for the ladies- mostly making sure they weren't too sexy. The guys instructions were 1 sentence: "black shirt, black pants, black shoes, black socks".

I'm aware. One of the groups I work for says "Four-in-hand tie". Really? Were you thinking people would wear some sort of 3 in hand tie? :laugh:

It was a mile long for the ladies- mostly making sure they weren't too sexy.

Orchestra: the only genre in the western world that tries to make female performers less sexy.

Board member 1: Hey, Ticket sales are down this year.

Board member 2: Yeah. I think it's because the females are too sexy. We should try to make them less sexy. :facepalm:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the performance outfit for the orch: black shirt. :thu::thu::thu::thu: Soooo comfy compared to the penguin suit.

You shoulda seen the dress code instructions- they were hilarious. It was a mile long for the ladies- mostly making sure they weren't too sexy. The guys instructions were 1 sentence: "black shirt, black pants, black shoes, black socks".

The singer I write for locally has put together an entire symphony show and is trying to market across the US, you should do the same. :cool:

I'd be up for it, so would Jennie. Once December has come & gone (when I'll finally get a breather), Jennie & I will make some type of plan to slowly but surely add more arrangements.

Mannheim Steamcurler.;)

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

One other little funny story I forgot to share. Cathy really wanted me to do more keyboard stuff & less piano. I had originally only planned to use the keys on Jennie's material. Cathy was encouraging me to use synth for some of the sols in her tunes. So there I am 1/2 an hour before performance time going thru some patches, loading, tweaking & setting up the controller (situations like this are where a laptop / controller rig SUCK in the convenience department compare to a rompler!) & I got a cool moog type thing ready. Come my big "moog" solo & Cathy talks to the audience the whole way thru it. No love for the synth geek. :facepalm:

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

• 2 months later...

Well, it appears that finally Jennie got permission to post a video from the concert. Here's a song called "Healer". Hearing it & seeing it with fresh ears / eyes I had to chuckle at how the tempo really took off at the end. Even funnier was my boss, groovy chick singer that she is, decided to stand directly in front of me during the keyboard lead. Classic. :laugh:

edit- can't seem to figure out how to embed that- anybody help?

www.gmma.biz

The easiest way is to use the video button on the full reply screen. That said, I had to clean up the link you provided for some reason. The player_embedded seemed to be messing things up.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The easiest way is to use the video button on the full reply screen. That said, I had to clean up the link you provided for some reason. The player_embedded seemed to be messing things up.

Yeah, I tried doing it that way several times & figured I'd need to edit it a little, but nothing I tried worked.

www.gmma.biz

Greg, fantastic!

If Steve Fortner hasn't already PM'd you about it, I think you should write this up for the magazine and share it with a wider audience - it deserves it.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Yeah, I tried doing it that way several times & figured I'd need to edit it a little, but nothing I tried worked.

Actually, the way I cleaned up the link was I clicked the link on the top of the video on YouTube. That brought me to a page with the video that looked the same with the cleaner URL. I then used that and it was fine.

I agree with Aidan - this experience should be featured in KB Mag.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived