Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Small amp for Electro 3 to PA

theGman

I usually play out with an Electro 3 and a Yamaha MM6.

At times I ran direct to FOH from these boards through my D2 direct box. The sound people would often complain about the low output I believe mostly or only from the E3, so I made life simple by using an old KC350 for a monitor and then feed FOH line out from it, eliminating the problem.

My question is, if I wanted to run boards through the D2 directly to FOH without carrying the KC350 around, is there a really small amp or something (don't need monitor) I could use for this?

I'm not technical enough to know in output numbers what I would need, so I honestly don't know what to look for on my own, but I want to have the right equipment when setting up on stage.

Small size would be preferred. Thanks in advance.

Paul

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow thats strange the sound guys complain the level from my E3 is too hot ....

have you tried the headphone out from the E3, its hotter.

also if you dont need to monitor how about a line mixer?

SpaceStation V3,

MoxF6,PX5S,Hammond-SK2,Artis7,Stage2-73,

KronosX-73,MS Pro145,Ventilator,OB DB1,Lester K

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

Paul, why don't you need a monitor?

You could always buy a small mixer for your two boards and send that signal to both a powered speaker or two, as well as FOH.

If the technicians are supplying a monitor for your keys, then you can eliminate the powered speakers.

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I have a Rolls MX28 and a Peavey PV8 in the back someplace. Would either of them give me a strong enough signal? Sorry for the dumb question, but I just don't want to experiment at setup time; the sound guy is a real asswipe.

I have a Rolls MX28 and a Peavey PV8 in the back someplace. Would either of them give me a strong enough signal? Sorry for the dumb question, but I just don't want to experiment at setup time; the sound guy is a real asswipe.

Yes. I would try the Rolls before buying anything.

http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/fit,400by400/quality,85/brand,zzounds/mx28-0e429be9a963adcc7cac7b1cf31b50e1.jpg

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

AND, No sound guy has the right to be an ASWIPE! No one has that right, no one is that good! Although there was a pianist alive at one time who could have been one, he was not though, he was the nicest man, musician I have ever meet, Liberace!

A mixer should take care of the problem, that is all I ever used, I have a Mackie 6 and 12 channel, never any problems except me not knowing how to operate them properly. I just never used or needed those DI's. The best one's cost money and you can get a good mixer for what some of them cost.

By the way original poster, please please educate yourself about amps size, and everything else you use and need as you will greatly benefit from knowing. When you know everything about your equipment, that is the specs, then others will ask you what you have asked here. There is nothing better than being as knowledgable as possible about the equipment you use so you have to do some studing and keep it up. I personally do not tolerate ignorance well at all about anything as I'm highly degreed and I will certainly explain anything and teach every chance I get. I taught music for ten years to High Schoolers then at university level. They were the most fun since they think they know it all but really know nothing.

I have a Mackie SRM 150 (7 lbs) that mostly gets used for things other than keyboards. But occasionally I've used it as my onstage monitor. Not really loud or bassy enough for use with a loud band, but in some situations it would be fine and of course it would give you a signal boost. For something very portable that would give you at least some monitoring, it's a good choice. I would never not bring my own monitor.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Archived