Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wife insists on music equipment purchase

I sold some 'surplus to requirements" gear which furnished the exact sum needed for a Ventilator. Status quo right? My wife was ...O...K...with it until the hot water heater in our house died. Then I copped some flak. Had to sooth her with a few choruses of "Many Rivers to Cross", "Europa"... :laugh:
"I'm well acquainted with the touch of a velvet hand..."

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry couldn't reist it

Is that an official 'Aussie' word??? :) (Don't you dare edit your last post now!)

edit it ....?

yes it is an early Aussie word meaning.....

" struth..this bloody keyboard leaves too many missed key stokes" .....[just like my playing}

i have to edit everything I write in a hurry because the keyboard doesnt like my extremely quick...one finger typing.

but on the plus fside it seenms to put iin a lot of exstra lettersd, just for cfun.. so how can I complain.?

sorry couldn't reist it

Is that an official 'Aussie' word??? :) (Don't you dare edit your last post now!)

edit it ....?

yes it is an early Aussie word meaning.....

" struth..this bloody keyboard leaves too many missed key stokes" .....[just like my playing}

i have to edit everything I write in a hurry because the keyboard doesnt like my extremely quick...one finger typing.

but on the plus fside it seenms to put iin a lot of exstra lettersd, just for cfun.. so how can I complain.?

Good reply my friend :thu:

John.

some stuff on myspace

Nord: StageEX-88, Electro2-73, Hammond: XK-1, Yamaha: XS7

Korg: M3-73 EXpanded, M50-88, X50, Roland: Juno D, Kurzweil: K2000vp.

The forum needs an "auto-correct" feature.

:cool:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Or.... she is having an affair...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Or.... she is having an affair...

That was my cynical response. In all seriousness my wife is extremely supportive of my musical acquisitions. Who else would allow B3's and Leslies in the living, dining, and music rooms?

I love my wife!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Mine got me a theremin for Christmas a few years ago. Just called up Moog and bought one. Completely surprised me. :cool:

dB

:thu:

My wife kept playing with the Theremin at Chuck Levins while we were there as I was getting the K10. She loved it and almost bought it. She already bought a Roland Handsonic a few years ago. She likes technology!

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

Mine got me a theremin for Christmas a few years ago. Just called up Moog and bought one. Completely surprised me. :cool:

If only I was as fortunate... :laugh:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

My wife jokingly whines each time I mention about any gear purchase. In all honesty, she is very supportive of my music. She has bought me gear before, including my CX3 as a Christmas present. Ahh, she is definitely a keeper :love::thu:

Kronos 88 Platinum, Yamaha YC88, Subsequent 37, Korg CX3, Hydrasynth 49-key, Nord Electro 5D 73, QSC K8.2, Lester K

Me & The Boyz

Chris Beard Band

Archived