Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Can't afford an SVT?

calypsocoral

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are no "new" circuits in effects pedals, just modifications to the old ones.

Really? How many old pedals use quantum tunnelling in their circuits, like the Acoustic Imaginearing Quantum Drive?

Can you explain in any detail how the "Quantum Drive" circuit differs in any substantive way from any other overdrive circuit?

When I was a kid, there was a breath mint called Certs. They had ads on TV all the time, big national campaign to sell Certs. Their hook was that Certs contained "a golden drop of Retsyn" in every mint. This was pretty cool stuff to the average listener, gave the product a big jump in credibility. But when I was in jr. high school, my 8th grade science teacher enlightened the class to the fact that retsyn is melted animal fat. Suddenly, retsyn wasn't all that cool an ingredient.

I wonder if the "Quantum Drive" isn't something like that...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

There are no "new" circuits in effects pedals, just modifications to the old ones.

Really? How many old pedals use quantum tunnelling in their circuits, like the Acoustic Imaginearing Quantum Drive?

Can you explain in any detail how the "Quantum Drive" circuit differs in any substantive way from any other overdrive circuit?

When I was a kid, there was a breath mint called Certs. They had ads on TV all the time, big national campaign to sell Certs. Their hook was that Certs contained "a golden drop of Retsyn" in every mint. This was pretty cool stuff to the average listener, gave the product a big jump in credibility. But when I was in jr. high school, my 8th grade science teacher enlightened the class to the fact that retsyn is melted animal fat. Suddenly, retsyn wasn't all that cool an ingredient.

I wonder if the "Quantum Drive" isn't something like that...

You're something like that.

Marketing is funny....the rage for golf balls at one point was titanium in the cover. Little did most people know, titanium was in the cover of balls for many years before it became the "big" thing.

Behringer reminds me of Harbor Freight tools....good if you need something for a onetime use on the cheap.

How do you sign a computer screen?

I am the last person you want to try to explain anything mechanical or electrical. I didn't design the thing; I just use it. I'll see if I can get the engineer to chime in.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

I am the last person you want to try to explain anything mechanical or electrical. I didn't design the thing; I just use it. I'll see if I can get the engineer to chime in.

As I said above, the "Q-Drive" portion has a subtle phaser in the circuit - which would be how it differs from any other OD I've ever heard.

You're something like that.

You're a subtle phaser in the circuit.

But at least you're not a golden drop of Retsyn...

You can't afford an SVT.

True, much less THIS!

Apparently, it's by the guy who founded Orange Amplification. He pulled a Gary Kramer/Wayne Charvel and left the company he founded a long time ago to do custom shop stuff. I know specs aren't everything, but, from what I can see, it looks like a pretty attractive offering...

The Quantum Drive channel gives an over-the-top unique distortion rich in dynamic harmonic content - after all it's based on quantum physics!

I might be wrong, but I though EVERYTHING is based on quantum physics. :confused:

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

Just to clarify (maybe):

"the QuantumDrive truly does use a patent pending process that forces the waveform through a region of negative resistance. It is a process that no other overdrive uses. You can tell them the president of the company says so" -Allen Meyers, president of AcousticImaginearing, in a private message to me.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Okay, there is ONE overdrive with a new circuit, or actually, a modification of an older circuit that is patentable.

Name three more.

Archived