Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Genius?

Littidy

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they're fantastic. I eagerly await each new video (it seems like there's a new one out every one or two months).

Check out their version of "September." Their cover of "All the Single Ladies" is also killer.

They also have a great version of "Mr. Sandman" in a toyota Avalon commercial.

Wow! Amazing arrangements and heart-rending performances. A real sweetness to Nataly's interpretation of the material. Thanks for this.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

To quote the hapless kid on a tricycle from The Incredibles: "That. Was. AWESOME!!"

Thank you so much for sharing that. Great music, done well. All we can ask for and more than we usually get. I will re-post this far and wide. They deserve an audience.

I also love this about it:

This cover is a VideoSong, a new medium with 2 rules:

1. What you see is what you hear (no lip-syncing for instruments or voice).

2. If you hear it, at some point you see it (no hidden sounds).

I can roll with those restrictions. :thu:

Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

Thanks for sharing. I love this kind of thing: a real love for making music. It just shows that, even doing covers, there's still room for an original take on things. That said, if they catch on and become wildly popular, how long before their angle becomes mainstream - and themselves pastiched? Love the little surprises in every single song but particularly worthy mentions go to:

'Mr Sandman' for those close harmonies and when he whips out the accordion;

'La Vie en Rose' for the close-miked vox.

They don't bat 100% on covers, and their original music is just okay, but they are pretty cool. Along with "Sandman" and "Single Ladies" this is one of my favorites:
"The Doomer allows the player to do things beyond which are possible without the accessory."

That said, if they catch on and become wildly popular, how long before their angle becomes mainstream - and themselves pastiched?

I would greatly prefer that to the current situation.

just imagine,people using their talent and imagination,and using whatever they have on hand to create music.

It's a combination of their musical talent, choice of covers, technique and humor in their videos, purity/innocence in her voice, quirkiness of their arrangements (love that old organ, the toy xylophone, her bass playing), etc., etc.; It just comes together so well....!

I wonder where it will go from here- we are dealing with a new paradigm where a group gets discovered "virally" through YouTube; Their arrangement of "Sandman" has already been used in a Toyota commercial. Is it worth it to them to get signed by a recording company??

WELL DONE!

See, this is what I meant when I was commenting on that jazz cover of ELP's "Trilogy" ... Pomplamoose broke down a rock anthem to its essentials, and rebuilt them into something else entirely.

And I absolutely love the reharmonization.

Thanks for the find, Littdy! I'm off to check out more.

Archived