Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My New Toy

NYKeys

Just picked up a Mackie 1402-VLZ PRO

Sold the Yamaha MG 10/2 and Lexicon.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs490.snc3/26780_366149706209_691081209_5306301_6511587_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs490.ash1/26780_366149716209_691081209_5306302_1415162_n.jpg

MY Toys - Kurzweil PC1X, Roland A-90, Yamaha KX88, Yamaha CS1x, Novation 49SL MkII, Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2, JBL PRX615M

My Music Page

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH I AM LOVING THIS MIXER. Night and DAY to the Yammy.

1402-VLZ PRO -> QSC GX3 -> JBL JRX112 = Ear Candy

The QSC is only at maybe 30. The Control Room At 10 (Can't Crank it yet - Kids Sleep) and it's like getting a new set of ears.

Listening to MMW (It's a Jungle in Here).

This is just what I needed.

MY Toys - Kurzweil PC1X, Roland A-90, Yamaha KX88, Yamaha CS1x, Novation 49SL MkII, Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2, JBL PRX615M

My Music Page

Had mine for several years and no problems. I use it to submix my keys and for the small band setups.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

So this afternoon I was able to crank this baby up and she did not disappoint me at all.

Setting gain structure is a piece of cake. The solo tool really is a dream.

The clarity is just what I needed and longed for.

The ability to boost the stereo channels made the kurz fit perfectly in the mix. I set it to -10 and the roland channel to +4.

The stereo field seems wider and more defined than the Yammy.

I do have 1 question for the since this is a different grade of mixer. How are you guys send your sub mixes to FOH?

If it's in the manual please point me to the page, I just Downloaded it.

My Music Page

It's a nice and dependable mixer. I have mine for many years and i'm totally happy with it. Mostly studio/rehearsal work, but i dragged it to some gigs.
Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Why do you have the input signal set to "consumer " level and the board set to "pro" level? Check your manual on the keys you are using and set it correctly. The outputs on the board will usually tell you which to use by looking at them. If they are RCA outputs they are "consumer " level. If they are 1/4" they are usually "pro" level. But as always check the manual! There is 14db of difference in the 2 for a reason. Its not a "free" 14db boost. Its set to amplify the signal it recieves and you could overlaod that channel and cause damage. And I have to agree with Norman on the Yamaha boards. They are every bit as well made as the Mackie, especially over the last few years.
SR guy thats finally decided to put his collection of toys to personal use (extremely G.A.S.'y) LOL

I've had this same board for years now. It spent a lot of time in my road rack, now it's mounted in my computer desk.

For sending signal to FOH, if you run mono send side A to your amp/speaker, side B to the house. If you run stereo you can use one of the aux sends to send to FOH, or use the control room out.

In my computer setup I have the control room out wired to my monitors, and the stereo outs go into my patch bay so I can mix my keys and send them to the PC for recording.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I'm using two keyboards with different output levels. Per The Mackie Manual the Recommended channels for this setup are channels 7/8 and 9/10.

Per the Kurzweil sp76 manual

The source impedance of the audio output jacks is 1000 ohms, so they can drive relatively long cables if needed. If connecting to a mixer, use a high-impedance,unbalanced line input. If using a keyboard amplifier, its normal input should be fine. If

using a home stereo system, inputs marked Aux should work well but Tuner and CD inputs are generally OK. A guitar amplifier may work if it has Line or Aux inputs. Avoid using a Guitar input though, it will likely be way too noisy and may distort

your sound.

My Music Page

Archived