Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

John Fox seems to be pretty well-respected, despite his record in Carolina this season.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could look at John Fox's most recent record in Carolina and see a loser, or you could look at the year he coached the Panthers to a Super Bowl and see a winner, or you could look at his overall record there and see a mediocre coach.

I just hope the Broncos will get not only his best effort, but his best results as well.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

After a brilliant opening drive, the Steelers have given us the sloppiest, most undisciplined half of so-called "professional" football that I've ever seen: extending Ravens drives with stupid penalties, total ineptitude at picking up blitzes, and a lack of whistle awareness that would have embarrassed a high school team.

But there is a silver lining! At least it's not your run-of-the-mill football game. Pittsburgh is in the Keystone State, and the Steelers are playing like the Keystone Cops.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

a lack of whistle awareness that would have embarrassed a high school team.

It took the Ravens a minute to pick up on that too; but to their credit, they figured it out first.

Well, there's still a second half left anyway. Sorry, Dan (and Mike)...

Post second half edit: Congratulations, Dan and Mike! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

My nerves are still shot from the first game, a three-and-a-half hour roller coaster ride. I can't believe Boldin and TJ both dropped critical passes at the end. Flacco must be furious. They definitely had their chances to pull it out. I'm just stunned.

The Ravens definitely had their chances to win but decided to make mistakes at the worst time. Good game though. Congrats to the Steelers on the comeback.

I figured the Packers would win this game but dayum, it's like the Falcons only bothered to show up for the 1st quarter.

The Pack put on a clinic tonight. They are in a zone. Neither the Bears or Seahawks stand a chance against them. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

by Dan South:

After a brilliant opening drive, the Steelers have given us the sloppiest, most undisciplined half of so-called "professional" football that I've ever seen: extending Ravens drives with stupid penalties, total ineptitude at picking up blitzes, and a lack of whistle awareness that would have embarrassed a high school team.

But there is a silver lining! At least it's not your run-of-the-mill football game. Pittsburgh is in the Keystone State, and the Steelers are playing like the Keystone Cops.

Hi Dan. It looks like a brawl was scheduled at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh and on occasion, there was some football.

That fumble the Steelers gave up that at least ONE player on the field (a Raven) recognized AS a fumble gave the Ravens a FREE touchdown. When I was playing high school football, I remember the coach telling all the players when we were preparing for games to ALWAYS treat a football like its a LIVE ball. If the football is laying on the field....players that never handle the ball should cover it. All other players were told to try to pick up the ball and HEAD TO THE END ZONE. If the Ref calls it back, oh well! The Steelers ASSUMED the ball was dead. And we all remember what happens when we ASSUME anything, don't we?

Keystone cops they are. Just plain STUPID. If the Steelers play that way in New England next week, it will be 40-0 before all the fans are in their seats. :taz:

What we saw was preseason football by the Steelers. :cry:

If not for the Ravens self-destructing, there would have been a lot of cursing by the guys and a lot of tears by the girls everywhere there are Steelers fans.

I'm exhausted and I didn't play a down today. :P

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

What a BEAUTIFUL half! :thu:

Packers 28, Falcons 14 (halftime)

Best,

Geoff

My goodness, is Aaron Rodgers in a zone or what? There's still another quarter left, but it's already an all time great playoff performance. They're clicking at the right time.

They've been without so many key players for such a large part of the season, the replacements have finally gotten comfortable with their assignments.

And, well, it doesn't hurt that Clay Matthews is a f***ing BEAST....

I am a VERY satisfied fan tonight! :thu:

Green Bay has a running game again, and Aaron Rodgers took full advantage of it!

And yes, Clay Matthews is a monster! :D

Tonight's 48 points is the most ever scored by the Packers in a postseason game--Lombardi era included.

Yes!!! :cool:

http://www.geoffgrace.com/Pictures/Packers1.jpeg

GO PACKERS!!! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

Cool, Geoff.

The Bears winning is not a gimme. I think it's gonna be a closer game than the 10 point spread pundits are giving this game.

Still, an NFC Championship with the Packers and Bears would be really fun.

I'm just saying, if the favorites take care of business tomorrow, that'd be about the best we could have hoped for in the way of high-intensity rivalry matchups out of this mess. Lots of history in both.

GB @ Seattle? Other than the potential Cinderella component, this is a yawn.

NYJ @ Steelers? Definitely a snoozer.

Just the history alone in the other two matchups is exciting.

I am a VERY satisfied fan tonight! :thu:

Green Bay has a running game again, and Aaron Rodgers took full advantage of it!

And yes, Clay Matthews is a monster! :D

Tonight's 48 points is the most ever scored by the Packers in a postseason game--Lombardi era included.

Yes!!! :cool:

http://www.geoffgrace.com/Pictures/Packers1.jpeg

GO PACKERS!!! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

And their defense looked great too.

I'm exhausted and I didn't play a down today. :P

I can't remember ever feeling so drained at the end of a game where I was only a spectator.

You're right about "pre-season football." The Patriots (or even the Jets) aren't going to let our guys climb back into the game the way Flacco and the Ravens did today. Half that many mistakes = lights out!

The Jets had better toe the line and put and put their best foot forward, or they'll look like a bunch of heels. If they lace up, put their foot down, and beat their arch enemy, the Patriots, they could be a shoe-in for a trip to the Super Bowl. That team has sole.

The Jets had better toe the line and put and put their best foot forward, or they'll look like a bunch of heels. If they lace up, put their foot down, and beat their arch enemy, the Patriots, they could be a shoe-in for a trip to the Super Bowl. That team has sole.

Aight, Welker... :freak::D

Wow, what a beating the Pack put on Atlanta! :deadhorse:

Atlanta was...... :idk and then..... :facepalm:

Rogers put on a clinic.... :snax:

And now the Falcons are..... :wave:

Congrats GEOFF! I know you've been hanging in there waiting for the Pack to fire on all cylinders and reach their potential.

I'd say the Packers are the team to beat in the NFC. If/when they play New England in the Super Bowl, it should be a dandy!

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Wow, what a beating the Pack put on Atlanta! :deadhorse:

Atlanta was...... :idk and then..... :facepalm:

Rogers put on a clinic.... :snax:

And now the Falcons are..... :wave:

Congrats GEOFF! I know you've been hanging in there waiting for the Pack to fire on all cylinders and reach their potential.

I'd say the Packers are the team to beat in the NFC. If/when they play New England in the Super Bowl, it should be a dandy!

Cheers,

Mike T.

GB is really the only matchup that scares me out of the remaining group. Much like Indy, they have a QB and receiving corps that are diverse and can beat you in a dozen different ways.

I'd see heavy ball control-oriented offense (short passing, lot of running) and a LOT of contain-oriented blitzing being the keys to beating them.

GB fans aren't missing Brett this year. There was bleeding there for a bit the last two years. If you asked GB fans ( and some polls did) if GB should have signed Brett to a 2-year contract after 2007 in general they would say yes.

What a difference a year makes. 2008 was a long, long time ago and 2009/2010 are great years under a new QB with a bright future.

It takes time to build up a QB. GB was right, and it took until now for them to really show it. If they have kept Brett, they may have had another decent season or two with him, but where would they be now? Even worse, they'd be starting from scratch next season (assuming Brett's career had the same or similar trajectory it did over the past few seasons). Nothing against Brett, but I'm glad to see that GB took a path for the future and not the moment.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived